What % tint do you guys prefer?

What percent tint do you prefer?

• Total voters
Tinting the windshield is retarded. I tint for a living...and wont even do it on my own vehicles. I have 15% on my front doors, and 5% over the factory tint on the rear(20%). I can understand making the sides darker than legal, but the windshield is just too much. My friends have done it before, and it really hampers visibility.I put double limo on the rear window of our show truck, and you can see a tiny bit out the rear, but you mostly see reflections of the dashboard.
I like it. You don't have to worry about people putting their high beams on at you at night and the sun doesn't bother you as much.

At night its dark as hell. When I first got it I took a **** because while I was at the shop it started pouring so when they finished I had to drive in the rain and I was never in a car with such dark tints till then so I was like o ****. Then after that I almost crashed about two weeks later because some car had a broken head light and only had his fog lights on and I didn't see him until the last minute. Ever since then though I have gotten use to it.
Honestly though at stop signs and stuff I look to the floor (street) to see if I see any headlights coming and if a car was coming at night with no headlights I wouldn't see him until its too late
sounds dangerous lol

Privacy over safety? Your stories of how you've almost crashed etc has proven my point about tinting the front windshield.
That wasn't due to my front though. At that time I didn't have the front tinted or the back with 5%. I just had 5% on the sides and 20% in the back and nothing in the front.

Ive gotten pretty used to the 5%, ive had it on my last two cars, still need to make a decision about this windshield, i cant decide between 35% and 55%.
35% does reduce some visibility at night. Chinny has 50% on his and during the day it seems pretty clear. Haven't been in it at night.

It's actually doing great. I run a 16v system, with a step up transformer..so I dont know what it would act like on a 12v system. But it does extremely well for not being a 300+ amp alt. The idle amperage *****, and is not what it should be. But Ill be ****ed if I send it back to iraggi and probably never get it back.

It's actually doing great. I run a 16v system, with a step up transformer..so I dont know what it would act like on a 12v system. But it does extremely well for not being a 300+ amp alt. The idle amperage *****, and is not what it should be. But Ill be ****ed if I send it back to iraggi and probably never get it back.
I plan on running a similar setup (probably same amps). What size alt do you recommend. I am also going to throw in one or two Kinetik batteries. I was thinking about getting a 300amp alt since my rpm is usually over 1,000rpm.

Not sure what size alt to recommend. Talk to the alt builders and ask what they recommend. If you plan on running 2 similar amps..Id run 4+ batteries. These things are extremely current hungry. Playing test tones and such, Ive had them drop into the 12v range, but that's after continuous burps..

Not sure what size alt to recommend. Talk to the alt builders and ask what they recommend. If you plan on running 2 similar amps..Id run 4+ batteries. These things are extremely current hungry. Playing test tones and such, Ive had them drop into the 12v range, but that's after continuous burps..
Oh ****. I was also looking at some other amps so im not sure...Lets get back on topic though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...