What the **** is wrong with my Sundown SA8????

To diagnose the problem I would pull out the sub, and play pure sine waves through it. That way you can move the sub around and possibly hear what is making the noise.

i cant hear anything on work computer. it will sound funny and act totally diff with the dust cap not attached, plus ur powerhandling with drop.

Did you look at the motor before you reconed it? To make sure the gap is clean with nothing in it?
I cleaned it off and didn't see anything in the gap. I did notice one screw was missing holding the basket to the Mag.

i cant hear anything on work computer. it will sound funny and act totally diff with the dust cap not attached, plus ur powerhandling with drop.
Sounds the same with and without dust cap. Noise with both. Its a rattling noise, but I swear there is nothing in the gap.

if its a rattle im betin you have coil rub.

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

i can recone it for you and give a warrenty, if ur interested...

if its a rattle im betin you have coil rub. 

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

i can recone it for you and give a warrenty, if ur interested...
I just reconed it, the gap is good. I just sold it anyway and bought another. Don't feel like dealing with it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.