What system do you recommend?

No really I wasnt saying that I heard that their subs were junk. i just htought I read somewhere that they make better amps than subs. I simply asked a question. I am truely interested in them just want to know more before I drop a thousand dollars on them. And i would really like to know how big of a box they need. If i turned down every new thing I heard then I would know ****. And by the way if i didnt want to hear about something new to me. I certainly would not have asked a question here.

Not to argue with you, but i have read many places that kicker makes decent amps but their subs are decent but not worth the money. But everyone has/forms their own opinion whether they have read it or used it. i personally have not had a problem with kickers(i have just been a listener not a competitor) but I imagine some people hate em as with everything else in life. I respect your opinion of me and that is why I am here at the forum. if not I would just be like **** everyone else im gonna do what i think and not listen to anyone.

Im guessing something else was supposed to be here lol?
That's just a spammer. Don't pay any attention.

The SA's would work. However, there are probably 1,037 other ways to do it as well.

There was a guy over on SSA's forum who was hitting 148db @ 32 hz with 2 SA-12's and a Sundown 3k.

PM me if you want and I can walk you through some of this stuff. Probably won't find the thread in the morning.

No really I wasnt saying that I heard that their subs were junk. i just htought I read somewhere that they make better amps than subs. I simply asked a question. I am truely interested in them just want to know more before I drop a thousand dollars on them. And i would really like to know how big of a box they need. If i turned down every new thing I heard then I would know ****. And by the way if i didnt want to hear about something new to me. I certainly would not have asked a question here.
Not to argue with you, but i have read many places that kicker makes decent amps but their subs are decent but not worth the money. But everyone has/forms their own opinion whether they have read it or used it. i personally have not had a problem with kickers(i have just been a listener not a competitor) but I imagine some people hate em as with everything else in life. I respect your opinion of me and that is why I am here at the forum. if not I would just be like **** everyone else im gonna do what i think and not listen to anyone.
Not bad, you're not like the others that come on here for advice.

That's just a spammer. Don't pay any attention.
The SA's would work. However' date=' there are probably 1,037 other ways to do it as well.

There was a guy over on SSA's forum who was hitting 148db @ 32 hz with 2 SA-12's and a Sundown 3k.

PM me if you want and I can walk you through some of this stuff. Probably won't find the thread in the morning.[/quote']

That's why you subscribe //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

imo u got 2 choices.

go with sundown sa-12s for loud and sounding decent. they dont sound bad, they are perfectly fine for daily, and do well on rap and test tones. but their is definitely better for sound quality

or u can go with sound quality subs that get loud. shiva, ae av, etc. these will sound better than the sa 12s, not some crazy difference, but i notice the difference. but these wont be able to take much over rated at all, or at least not for daily setup. so if u get two 1000 watt subs, dont get any more than 1100 imo.

thats my take, but i dont have experience with sa subs, but have owned dc subs and everyone around here says they are both brands that get loud while sounding good

So sundown is probably best sub i can get for the money huh? Is it wierd or good that no one else has really chimed in about any other subs besides sundowns.

u can get dual 2 or dual 4

reason people like and suggest sundown is the owner is a good dude and comes on here and provides info, videos, etc. of how they are built, how he tests every one before they go out to make sure ur getting a top notch product. plus for $200 for the 12, nothing really beats it for its price(to my knowledge)

u can look at FI SSDs if u would like something to compare them to. they are rated for 800 watts, but im not sure how much they can actually handle. like u can upgrade them with the bp power option and get it to handle more wattage rms. will it handle more than the sundown? who knows. its $179 before any options and before shipping, so its not going to be any cheaper than the sundown i dont think. and there are plenty of videos of sundown handling serious power, putting serious numbers up, not as many with fi, not that fi is bad. i had a 15 fi ssd, was nice and loud, sounded good

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn154d285109789e1/shopdata/0050_Speakers/0040_SSD/product_overview.shopscript

I am looking at spending about $1,000 for subs, amp, and box. I was looking at getting some kicker l7 12's with the zx1500.1 amp. I loved my single l7 10 and zx500.1 amp. but by the looks of it(by searching on here etc.) people seem to not like kickers so I am debating on what to get now. My ideal goal is to be able to compete eventually in spl competitions. i just want something that can at least make me somewhat of a competitor. I dont think it will happen with 1000 dollars but who knows.
My current set up includes:

Pioneer AVH-4200DVD (7 inch touchscreen head unit)

Kicker KS525 (5 1/4 front speakers)

Kicker KS693(6x9 Rear Speakers)

Kicker ZX350.4 (Amplifier for speakers)

Car has been sound deadened(second skin audio) with mlv(sencon skin audio).

I also have the kicker anl fuse holder and a rockford fosgate distribution block

Using 0 gauge wire

So the question is what amp and sub/box combo would you recommend? What are some reasons why people dont like kicker? Too mainstream, High priced or what? Thank you in advance for any advice.

PS I was quoted 1300 dollars for 2 l7 12s and the zx1500.1 and kicker box. From looking at kicker.com the msrp on the kicker subs and amp alone should come to 2000 without box. Should I hop on this deal or not?
if that's local than thats a good price for the kickers. If you want get the kicker amp and you won't regret it. That amp puts out a ton of power(guys here are just sundown followers). I would take the kicker 1500.1 over the aq and the sundown amp. As for subs, the sundowns are good and so are the fi subs. Doubt you'll hear much difference in spl between those two choices. The L7's don't sound too bad to me either so if your wanting to go the kicker route, you won't regret it

if that's local than thats a good price for the kickers. If you want get the kicker amp and you won't regret it. That amp puts out a ton of power(guys here are just sundown followers). I would take the kicker 1500.1 over the aq and the sundown amp. As for subs, the sundowns are good and so are the fi subs. Doubt you'll hear much difference in spl between those two choices. The L7's don't sound too bad to me either so if your wanting to go the kicker route, you won't regret it
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hilarious.gif.02a037aad04aa96f19982b298a3d70a8.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.