What Subwoofer Should I Buy?

Participant count
  • Participant list
That is too cereal to joke about with all the jackass noobs around here. 
the only cereal i wont joke about is honey nut cheereos. That is no laughing matter!!

it would be nice if rockville(and other manufacturers) pay attention to the bigdwiz and bigblank videos. they are the voice of us atm since smd and mr pedobear dont seems to be representing us very well

the only cereal i wont joke about is honey nut cheereos. That is no laughing matter!!

it would be nice if rockville(and other manufacturers) pay attention to the bigdwiz and bigblank videos. they are the voice of us atm since smd and mr pedobear dont seems to be representing us very well
ILol.  Indeed, don't nobody f**k with mah HNC.

although I don't really understand anything you said in that second paragraph, I will say that there are some videos (ok one of them was bigdwiz) testing some rockville stuff with all kinds of faincey power measuring gizmos.  One of the amps was the Rockville RXD-M4 1500W Monoblock and bigdwiz concluded, "this amp is like, gud."

I'm sure they'll be some haters at this but I talked to a best buy tech, showed him the 2 options at rockville I was considering, and he looked at all the specs and said that they actually looked pretty good and he had some experience with rockville (bad and good).  SO....the 12 inch Kicker kit seems at least one that MANY people have reviewed, but no, I will not be going to car shows with it.  BUT the Rockville brand 10" sub has more power, but seems more of a gamble.  

Still not sure, may seriously flip a coin.  They have a 90 day return policy. So....there's that.  Plus may buy ala carte as many amps and subs have consistently good ratings across the whole internets.

Well, also they sell a few more Kickers.... CompVR 43CVR122 for example.

All seems a gamble, gonna eventually kiss the dice and roll.

ILol.  Indeed, don't nobody f**k with mah HNC.

although I don't really understand anything you said in that second paragraph, I will say that there are some videos (ok one of them was bigdwiz) testing some rockville stuff with all kinds of faincey power measuring gizmos.  One of the amps was the Rockville RXD-M4 1500W Monoblock and bigdwiz concluded, "this amp is like, gud."

I'm sure they'll be some haters at this but I talked to a best buy tech, showed him the 2 options at rockville I was considering, and he looked at all the specs and said that they actually looked pretty good and he had some experience with rockville (bad and good).  SO....the 12 inch Kicker kit seems at least one that MANY people have reviewed, but no, I will not be going to car shows with it.  BUT the Rockville brand 10" sub has more power, but seems more of a gamble.  

Still not sure, may seriously flip a coin.  They have a 90 day return policy. So....there's that.  Plus may buy ala carte as many amps and subs have consistently good ratings across the whole internets.

Well, also they sell a few more Kickers.... CompVR 43CVR122 for example.

All seems a gamble, gonna eventually kiss the dice and roll.
what i was saying in the second paragraph was about the complaints we in the car audio world have about many models of amps suffering from cheap builds and inflated power ratings. BigDWiz and BigBlank are the biggest 2 car audio reviewers on youtube and they offer up unbiased reviews of amplifiers and show what kind of wattage they can actually do vs what they are advertised at and they also show the internals of amps, known as "gut shots" and offer up subjective reviews of the look of the build quality. The rockville was dissected and shown to have torroids that could easily shift on the board and thus cause a short, frying both the amp and potentially taking the sub with it. SMD (Steve Meade Designs) and Mr Pedobear (thelifeofprice aka johnathan price aka down4sound) have been big youtube sensations over the years and while SMD isnt a pedophile, he is known as being not very nice and doesnt do much in the way of calling manufacturers out on their ********. He does do reviews of amps and subs, but his position in the car audio world makes him an ideal candidate to call shenanigans on brands that boast more than they can actually do. and pedobear is known by many people who swear up and down that he hits on underage girls at soundoff shows. I cant say that ive seen this personally, but its brought up fairly often and nobody defends him on the topic.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.