What Subwoofer and Amplifier would work best for me and this enclosure?

jshep105

USA
Hello. I bought a Single 12" Ported Subwoofer Truck Enclosure and need to find a good subwoofer and amplifier for it. I am new to this hobby and need help on finding a good match. Here are the specs of the box:

Kicker Loaded Truck Enclosure

Subwoofer Box Features:

Single 12" Truck Sub Box

Mounting Depth: 5-1/16"

Air Space: 0.80 Cubic Feet

Ported Enclosure

Dimensions: Width 20" x Height 15" x Top Depth 5" x Bottom Depth 7-1/2"

Designed to fit behind the seat of most trucks

Constructed with High Quality MDF

High Quality Binding Terminal Cup (Accepts Banana Terminal Plugs OR Bare Wire 'up to 10GA')

High Quality Gray Carpet

Thanks in advance

usually, it's the other way around. You don't buy a sub for your box, you buy/build a box for your sub.

....and 0.80 cubic feet seems awfully small for a 12" ported setup.

All I gotta say is GOOD LUCK! A friend of mine was GIVEN one of those single 12" Kicker Truck enclosures loaded with a cvr & it sounded like absolute garbage :-( With the limited mounting depth & space you have, it's really pointless to even try and find something that will work with that. I ended up building a custom box for my buddy - He has a regular cab F-250 so I made him a box that fits behind the seat housing 1 - 12" Pioneer Champ Pro (An older 1 that looks like a pro but it's not ;-) -6.5" mount depth) It's ported to the tune of about 36 hz, port up, pass side exit, sub on driver's side behind the seat 1.9 cu ft. net - I sold him the sub for $40, and it cost me about $40 to build the box - The sound difference is NO COMPARISON - Build yourself a proper enclosure for whatever sub you decide you want to run

Okay haha change of plans then. What if I got a Atrend E12Sv B Box Series 12-Inch Single Vented Subwoofer Enclosure

E12SV 12" Single Vented

Width 16.62

Depth 17.5

Height 14

Vent Width 1.25

Vent Height 12

Vent Length 24

Vent Dim 15

Hz (Tuning Frequency) 33

Gross Cu. Ft. 1.7

Net Cu. Ft. 1.25

And I was thinking either a Pioneer TS-W3002D2 Subwoofer or a Rockford Fosgate P3D2-12 Subwoofer.

And finally powered by a Rockford Fosgate R500-1D Prime 500 Watt Mono D-class Amplifer.

Please give me your suggestions on what to do. I listen to mostly rap and hip hop. The box will be going on a trunk of a 2002 Grand Prix. Thanks again

I can't say I would buy that enclosure either, if you insist on buying a pre-made box at least go with something better than Atrend... With that power I'd say P3 - Get the D4 and wire it to 2 ohms on the R500

Spend a little bit more and have double07, dbeez, prorabbit, or someone on this forum build & ship a box to you. A Basic enclosure for a single sub with shipping is not as bad price wise as you would think... Look into it, it will be the best thing you do and well worth every penny

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.