What sub is right for me?

Participant count
  • Participant list

BigZeus

Hi all, this is my first post on the forum. I have an old Kenwood Kac-7205 2-channel amp that pushes 500w rms at 4 ohms when bridged. I'm looking for a single 12" that will make the most of this amp. It'll be placed in a sealed box with .8 cu ft volume and 6" mounting depth. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Look at the T/s parameters for the subwoofers you are evaluating take the FS of the driver and divide it into the QES, this will give you the EBP of the driver based off of the specs given, anything lower than 50 should work well in sealed enclosures, a lot of the subwoofers that will work very well will be on the SQ side of things companies like JL audio, Dayton,JBL,Infinity,Image dynamics, Hertz, etc.

Usually subwoofers easy to find in your area that fit this description - JBL GTO1214's , Alpine SWS12 , Infinty Kappa 12, Image dynamics IDQ12

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.