What speakers come in a 2005 dodge ram 2500 SLT 4 door?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Fuzion64

BFE
Is there a way to add an amp to the factory radio to keep the look and asthetics of the truck being stock? I realize a factory headunit only outputs about 12 RMS vs 4x50w RMS, but I rather like the stock look over aftermarkets. I plan on adding a rockford fosgate prime 4 channel 300 watts amp to all 4 rockford fosgate door speakers when I buy them. With 1 more rockford fosgate prime 500x1 amp for 2 10" shallow mount subs.

What size are the front door speakers and rear door speakers? Crutchfield told me 6x9's upfront and 5.25's in the rear doors, but I wanted to be sure before I ordered. I kind of find it hard to believe that they would put 5.25's in the rear doors, so I am asking here to be sure.

What he said ^^

But that wont matter since you are usijg a 4 channel amplifier for your door speakers. The simplest way to do this is to purchase a line output converter. It will tap into your existing speaker wire to gain the rca signal you need for your amplifier. You can use a 2 channel like this NVX XFLOC2 80W 2-Channel Line Output Converter w/ Noise Filter + Line Driver and then run a set of rcas from the output section of one amp to the other amp or use a 4 channel like this NVX XFLOC4 160W, 4-Channel Line Output Converter w/Noise Filter + Line Driver and run 2 sets of rcas, one to each amp. Run your power and ground wires as normal for the amps and try to locate an ignition soruce from the fuse panel for your remote wire. Then run some new speaker wire back to the dash and tap into the factory speaker wire (this avoids having to pull new wire through the doors) or go ahead and run all new wire from amp to speakers. Just double check that theres no issue with using line output converters on what is now an amped speaker wire. Ive done this before tapping into factory wire on rear speakers to install a sub amp but never done a 4 channel with way.

Was just thinking. The amp needs rca signal to generate music. And the line output converter needs music to generate signal. So using your speaker wire for the signal to your 4 channel wont work if im inagining this correctly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.