What sound dampener material should i get?

HI

I'm pretty new at all of this infact i just got my system sent to me today i got a Hifonics dx1000d amp and i picked up a hifonics atlas 12" sqr woofer as well

I was wondering if i should get any sound dampener since i only have 1 12? and if i do what kind should i get? when i do a search i see so many different kinds i dont know what to get :/

Over at newcelica.org i hear that secondskin? is supposed to be better then dynamat, but i never heard of them and dont see them around my local car audio stores what would you guys suggest?

im so lost :/ //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

I got a 2002 Toyota Celica, so if anyone else has the same car maybe you could tell me what you did and chose? thanks

I just want to stop my trunk handle and license plate to stop rattling thats pretty much it so just enough for the hatch of my car

im lookin to spend as less as possible //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif don't have anything to use really after getting the amp and sub and materials for a box :/

or should i just wait out the rattle until i can get a lot of deadening?

theres so many different types to each manufacturer to dont know what i need :/

thanks

I just want to stop my trunk handle and license plate to stop rattling thats pretty much it so just enough for the hatch of my car
im lookin to spend as less as possible //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif don't have anything to use really after getting the amp and sub and materials for a box :/

or should i just wait out the rattle until i can get a lot of deadening?

theres so many different types to each manufacturer to dont know what i need :/

thanks

I know dynamat sells liscense plate kits, and you really don't need much deadening to stop the trunk handle from rattling. Since it's specific spots, just get a bit of deadener... I'm sure someone who actually has a trunk can help you more //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

hey thanks for the help, i ordered me a dynamat license plate thingamajig and maybe ill just get that sample kit from secondskin to see if that would be enough to stop the hatch handle from rattling.

he's a member of the site? cool, small world //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I just dampened my 2003 Ford Explorer with 164 square feet of Second Skin on my 4 doors and rear cargo area and ceiling. This stuff is truly the best stuff out there, period. It is very malable and can contour in any way you please. It is so easy to use, it is a real pleasure to work with. I actually enjoyed using it even though it was so much work removing all my seating, ceiling, door panels, etc.

I used 150' square feet of Peel and Seal on my floors in 3 layers to save a bit since the Peel and Seal is $12 a roll of 12.5 square feet. I dont have to worry about the Peel and Seal falling off since it's on the floor. I used Second Skin every where else though.

The results in my newly upgraded system has been completely phenomenal!!! The sound in my car is just incredible. As far as the front stage goes, the only thing I've upgraded is the Audiocontrol DQX. Everything else up there is the same! Sound dampening is really the difference! I dont care how mush work it is, if you're a true car audio enthusiast, you MUST have it properly dampened!

Sound dampening a car is the most efficient and productive way to upgrade your sound system, bar none!!! My system sounds so perfect now!

The 2nd best way for a high (1000+watts) is to upgrade your electrical system as in Alternator, Big 3 wiring under the hood, and running 0 gauge to the trunk area for multiple amps as well as 1 or 2 new high powered batteries. Caps would be fiugured in the equation once the system is done, if needed at all. ( probably not)

I've done it all in my system and the results are in the range of satisfying my very picky ear. Cant have it any other way. Spend the time and research the above forementioned subjects for an incredible sound!!!

Good Luck, I highly recommend calling up Ant at Second Skin and have him take care of you, he is a perfect guy to talk to in regards to dampening. He''ll spend the time and discuss with you your alternatives, regardless of the brand you choose, evenm though I beleive Second Skin is way better a value than Dynamat or any other. You get what you pay for!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.