What size subs, and what tuning?

BreakingBad

Banned
pittsburgh
Ok. I've used 12's, and an 18. I can see where the difference lies, but here's the issue...

i dont know if it was the tuning of my box, but a lot of rap songs don't go SUPER low, so 18s or bigger have trouble reproducing the higher bass notes efficiently (in my experience)...

i'm trading my sedan in for an 05 trailblazer probably. instead of doing some insane, holy bass vehicle i want 2 things:

1.) sound quality

2.) loudness (but not an spl vehicle)

now i love low deep bass, and i'm thinking 2 15's. now to hit lower would tuning to 32hz make a huge difference over 35hz? or should you always go by manufac. specs?

i just want QUALITY bass, but that kinda bass that people go **** thats deep and sounds nice. that loud shitty-sounding bass is just annoying to me.

example setups:

2 15" RE SX/MX

2 15" MAG's

etc

suggestions? amps are all dependant on what subs i get...

get mags but insure they are installed correctly this time. btw your 18 can pick up the same notes a 12 XXX can pick up so thats ludicris
oh, i know it can, but larger diameter woofers (that ive seen) don't reproduce the higher bass as well as smaller ones ie 18 vs 12.

a music example would be "Who Run This" by Kingspade.

listen to that song on 2 12's, then listen to it on 18(s). biggg difference in output, both will reproduce the bass but 12's and 15's are more responsive to the punchy bass, while 18s are more of a rumble/destroy the real lows.

i'm thinking 2 15's, tuned to 30-32hz, i just don't know what brand/models.

biggest concern is SQ, but i want the **** to get loud if need be.. heard good things about the RE MX's, but RE's prices are just "god damn"

i'm going to do most of the install myself this time, based on info here and on ROE. will have a local shop (that i TRUST fully) help with the boxbuild and maybe some under the hood stuff..

aside from RE/SI stuff, what other 15's sound GREAT but also pound?

im a douchbag because YOU dont know what your talking about?
no, you're a douschebag because

1.) you're a douschebag

2.) you have no respect

3.) you run your mouth with the internets protection

just because i ask a question on a forum doesn't mean i'm an idiot. big difference, moron.

lol calm down ethug, we're talking about audio and you go to the whole hiding behind a keyboard drama.

your a stupid ass, you dont know what your talking about in this situation so i told you plain out.

The problem isn't with 18" drivers but with the XXX. The high mms of and long coil usually always spell disaster for higher bass frequencies. Couple this with an over sized enclosure and you can kiss those high notes away. I've head 18s that can play from 40hz to 500hz with no problem.

It's not the diameter but the design.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.