what should I put here to seal off the trunk?

M@nJo
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
bay area
The 2 high lighted boxes is an inside shot from the back seat to the trunk lid closed. The 2 gaps are room that reach into the license plate lights on the exterior and other misc. lighting wiring (IE: 3rd brake light). I wanted to cover it up with sound deadner but wanted to check in and see if it makes a difference? I still get trunk rattles from time to time and I believe this may be part of the issue. I have double layers on the lid and single layer on the floor/sides.

If i cover it up, i wont be able to replace my trunk, license plate, 3rd brake lights. ironically, one of them blew.

Pssshhhh, what's more important to you...bass or lights??! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

cover some sheet metel or 1/2" MDF with deadener and then screw it down to cover the holes. That way you can remove it when the time comes...
this... and use some weather stripping on the inside edges of the mdf to make sure its sealed tight. if you didnt need those holes for somthing i would say some expandable foam. it worked great on my car.

Yeah, any big voids you need to fill (that you don't need access to) just buy a can of Great Stuff Expanding foam...**** is awesome, filled my entire trunk lid with it, works great.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.