What noise is this from my subs

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif Sounds like you didn't get them aligned properly... hopefully you didn't damage anything! Take them apart and check them over. If they aren't damaged make sure you get them properly aligned before putting power to them... if they are damaged I would have to say user error on this one. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
You can see one of the screws is crooked as ***.

no visible damage.......sounds like its coming from the cone area...like underneath the cone where the former meets
hm... probably a factory defect. At least the one that he bought recently should be under warranty, correct? Trancer seems to be in touch with TC peoples...maybe he can get them both warrantied? Sounds like the former isn't secured to the collar thing maybe? Shouldn't be too hard to track down if you free air them on a little power nd listen/watch where you think its coming from.

hm... probably a factory defect. At least the one that he bought recently should be under warranty, correct? Trancer seems to be in touch with TC peoples...maybe he can get them both warrantied? Sounds like the former isn't secured to the collar thing maybe? Shouldn't be too hard to track down if you free air them on a little power nd listen/watch where you think its coming from.
thats what im doing had it on 500 and its hard to pin point

fix 100% iffy, would have to skuff the alum up under the cone and epoxy all around covering the t joint and collar. look close around the t joint for a fracture...

[quote name='SPLaudio']fix 100% iffy, would have to skuff the alum up under the cone and epoxy all around covering the t joint and collar. look close around the t joint for a fracture...[/QUOTE]

just looked couldnt find anything......how about rebuilding them would it be possible to retain the cone?

@SPLaudio

So u didnt tighten them down all the way or align them and now its the Sellers fault

20100429004457!Sneaky_troll.jpg

JB Weld will repair crack in TC aluminum cone. I tore a TC2K cone after bottoming it out. Popped a ring like the bottom of a coke can in the center of the cone. A nice bead of JB weld front and back and it's still pounding almost 2 years later in a friend's car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.