What noise is this from my subs

Since you are selling the tops for $55 anyway... Why not take the top off and dump some glue(epoxy of some sort) down into the triple joint. My guess is that if you can't find any cracks/gaps in the factory glue around the collar/cone then it's probably the collar is not seated correctly on the coil. The glue TC uses is flexible, so it's possible that it's flexing enough for the former to "hit" the collar and make a noise. With hard glue they won't hold up well if you bottom them out(one hard hit and the cone is probably shot), but all of the rubberized epoxies I've used are probably too thick. Ether way, it's worth a shot. Rubberized holds up better when they're bottomed out.

Duno, I doubt two drivers would be built wrong, but at $55 you are selling the tops for almost the price of a basket. Can't really go wrong, it's not going to hurt the motor to try, only the top. Also, I assume when you push on the cone you hear no noise. If you do, this won't work.

I'd buy these from you and try exactly what's above myself, except I have no use for them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.