what Motor should i get.

dbhittin
5,000+ posts

Banned
Van...Wa
I can get my stock KA24E rebuilt and port and polished and blue prited with new cams and pistons to get n/a 200hp and get my tranny fixed or. a CA18DET which is a 1.8 liter Turbo motor. Has 170hp at 8lbs of boost stock or the SR20DET which is 205 hp stock at 8lbs of boost. I was thinking the CA18 cause its cheaper and comes with the tranny, and i can build it up. So what do u think is best for daily driving and here and there racing

Go with the SR20DET red top, they not that expensive if you looking at the places. More power and a pontenial for much more with the right mods.

If you can afford it I would buy the whole clip, if not make sure it comes with everything. ( engine, trans, ecu..etc )

The black top DET is also a good choice if you have the money. They come with a T28 ball bearing turbo and have varible valve timing, similar to Hondas VTEC. The S15 black top comes with a 6 speed tranny and lays down 247hp to the flywheel stock from the factory.

Just my opinion, but shouldn't you goto a 240 forum for this kind of question instead of a caraudio forum? Many more knowledgable people there.

get a real engine.

Get the L28ET a straight six with plenty of cheap parts to easily reach 500 hp. Can be found in countless junkyards and was in the 280zx's until 1983. Parts are easy to find and cheap.

I want one for my pathfinder.

Dude, I'd stay away from any rare motor if this is a daily driver; 'cause if you ever need parts for it your gonna be in a real bind. I'd also check with Nissan on part availability if you insist on using it.

And why is the CA18DET is real cheap? NOBODY WANTS ONE. I strongly recommend a straight up SR20DET swap. Because the support is out there. AND, the SR motor is a very strong motor with more h/p and torque also.

To Berry47; shoe-horning a straight-six in a 240/Silvia is a real pain-in-the-neck. But, it has been done with the RB26DETT; but the guy had to do a lot of custom work to get in ($$cost big money$$).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.