what makes a car sub good for H/T

Participant count
  • Participant list

GavinVoy
10+ year member

stupid should hurt.
just looking around, wondering what makes a car sub good for home theater.

i know big box tuned low, a low Fs and high Efficiency. are their any other T/S parameters i need to look at.

currently looking at:

JL w0 or w1

RE sr/x

infinity kappa perfect

thanks, any help would be great.

It depends on what box you're going to use.

Typically, I look for one with a soft suspension, low Fs, high xmax, medium/high bl, and qts depends on your application. Efficiency really isn't a big factor, similar to car audio.

There are not many car audio subwoofers that are very accurate for t/s though since most are mass produced.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

so an update: basically i got my 2nd car which i just installed a car amp kit and routed all the wires so i thought to myself lets take this amp...
Don't get me wrong I've built a few boxes myself and I love doing it and it would've been preferred. But I now live in a one bed room apartment...
Unfortunately barly someone does these things in my country, and the ones that do, makes it so expensive to test it or even fix it that testing it...
ringer ringer, chicken dinner... its your headunit. gotta upgrade mine as well, does the same thing, it cannot handle the additonal speakers, just...
I would clean the paint off that location and use two washers to sandwhich the ground wire to secure a solid connection and use a bolt rather than...

About this thread

GavinVoy

10+ year member
stupid should hurt.
GavinVoy
St. Louis, MO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date