What kind of table saw do you use?

BigSix
10+ year member

Whippin the Bass
Austin,Tx
I'm in the market for a table saw, I built a couple boxes before with a craftsman table saw I use to have but didn't like it.It moved a lot and I didn't like the fence. I have a chance to get a 3612 ridgid table saw with the old Emerson motor in it for 275 in great shape. However I have been looking at other table saws as well, like a grizzly cabinet hybrid tablesaw .....so iI want to know what kind Yall use and what to look for etc....

I can mark a full sheet of wood out and have it all cut out in 1 hour worst I am ever off is 1/16"
you got a good point, what do you use to hold the wood and what do you use as a saw guide

I bought 2 nice saw horses and 2 8' 2x4's I need to add some 2x4's in between the long ones to make a nice table when I lay them in the saw horses for smaller pieces.

I bought 2 nice saw horses and 2 8' 2x4's I need to add some 2x4's in between the long ones to make a nice table when I lay them in the saw horses for smaller pieces.
im sure it works , just seems like alot of extra effort and not worth it imo, however I seen your work and you do awesome builds.....just rather have a table saw for convenience

for a table saw you have to cut the pieces down to begin with it waste time and if you get the wood place to cut it down and then try and square it back up at home its a lost cause.

you do have to factor in the saw offset once you know what that is use the same side all the time its quick and easy setup saw horses law in 2x4's then just put wood on and bam its game on 3 mins. setup time if that.

If you want a non portable unit, can't beat the rigid at Home Depot for $500. If you plan on attempting to cut full sheets, portable saws are going to be tough. I have a box store crosscut the sheets in to 3rds first. Just factor in your cuts ahead of time and then any table saw will do. For crosscuts I use a table sled. Can't beat it for accuracy and repeat-ability.

If you want a non portable unit, can't beat the rigid at Home Depot for $500. If you plan on attempting to cut full sheets, portable saws are going to be tough. I have a box store crosscut the sheets in to 3rds first. Just factor in your cuts ahead of time and then any table saw will do. For crosscuts I use a table sled. Can't beat it for accuracy and repeat-ability.
not interested in portable, been looking at those ridgids for quite some time

I use the delta my dad got over 20 years ago. Big enuf to rip a 4x8 sheet by your self and has lasted forever.

Downside is I think it was 5grand back then. Once my brother got the guide in to the blade and a new alum guide was 800

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.