What kind of speakers do I need to get?

Participant count
  • Participant list

stuntpenguin007

USA
I'm replacing the speakers in my 2008 Saturn aura because the front speakers go in and out a lot, and usually don't work at all. When this happens, if I fade the volume to the front, all I can hear is the tweeters. The rear speakers sound crackly every now and then too. When parts of songs with lots of bass come on it seems like the audio goes really flat. I remember it sounding a lot better when I first got the car.

I got a pair of cheapo Kenwood KFC-1665R 6.5" speakers for the front doors which I plan to install tomorrow.

According to this thread: Aura rear speaker size - SaturnFans.com Forums

The rear speakers are non-coaxial 6X9 with a 3 inch mid on top. Here is a picture: http://i.imgur.com/yikTzG4.jpg

I'm wondering what I should get for the 6X9's. Do I need that 3 inch mid, or can I take it out completely when I get new speakers? I'm just looking for something cheap that will sound somewhat decent.

Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.