2003 Cavalier Wiring harness kit

Participant count
  • Participant list

AlbertaA

Canada
So i been trying to read up on these kits and stuff you have to do and pretty confused now.lol

I have a 2003 Cavalier and i wanna put an aftermarket radio in it.

I under stand i need a special harness kit. A Gmos-01?

This is what im thinking i need to buy

Allows installation of an aftermarket radio using the existing factory wiring and connectors GMOS-01 METRA HARNESS

Now when i remove my old radio, im assuming ill just be plugging the new wire into the old one then splicing the wires with my new radios wires.

Will i need to buy an attena adapater?

My car is pretty basic,

no power locks

no power windows.

no steering wheel controls for radio.

Also if you know a better place to buy the Gmos-01 for cheaper let me know. think the one im looking at is 90$

yes you will need an antenna adapter. almost all gm vehicles from 1989 and newer will need one. make sure you install the radio before putting the dash back together. it will help having it taken apart to fit the harness and box for the harness as well. good luck with the install.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wave.gif.002382ce7d7c19757ab945cc69819de1.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.