what kind of box

Participant count
  • Participant list

daddymack10

Texas
I just want to know if I get a bandpass for 2 12" colbalt 400 watts each would make it sound louder then the box i have right now. The box i have right now is a basic box for 2 12" subs. But the thing is the subs when i put them in its almost hiting the back of the box. and when i put the bass all the way up it sounds like poping, is it because i need a bigger box.

It is poping because of the subs you have, not the box...I would not recomend bandpass for everyday listening...

lol, wut the hell is a basic box? is it sealed? is it ported? Unless you get a custom made bandpass box for your subs then your wasting your money! Get a custom made box, they are always better than store brand!

i would recommend bandpass for anything under 500 watts peak.... you do miss out on some of the higher frequecies probably but imo they are louder. but yeah definetly get a custom one made if you can afford it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.