What is the biggest Home Audio site (kinda like ca.com) ?

What I have found with Home Audio forums is they are very clique oriented.
AVS is annoying with all the HT Onkyo, Denon, Paradigm, Klipsch, HTIB etc etc guys.

Home Theater Shack, is meh on a lot of things and I really don't check their anymore.

DiyAudio is alright, if you can dig through all the bad ideas to find the good ones. It is a great place to ask if you have a specific circuit question or need knowledge about something very specific electronics related.

DIY Home Audio, I think I'm the only person that checks that forum.

CA.com Home Audio section, a bunch of yahoos asking about putting car amps in their house even though there have been a 1,000,000 threads on it already. Plus you ahve the hanyacks like Megalomaniac who just cause trouble. (BTW it takes 5 yahoos to equal 1 Hanyack; these are actual terms I use in daily life.) ((BTW J/K Megalo don't want you getting butt hurt or anything.)

Home Theater Guild (HTGuide) - If you don't like B&W, Classe, Rotel you probably should look for another forum. There are a lot of guys who like Emotiva, Parasound, and a few others. But, mainly that is a B&W forum with some nice DIY stuff also found there.

I could continue. Basically you should find a Magnepan forum, but I don't know of any. Maybe Jim does?
Don't forget AudioKarma - IMO, ruined by a few people who are complete hypocrites...thread after thread of whining about being made into stereotypes by the younger generation, only to...make stereotypes about the younger generation and things they don't know about. Way to go, guys.

Audiocircle is nice, although don't disagree with a manufacturer no matter how outlandish their claims are. If it involves aliens, roll with it.

AudioAsylum's off topic section is punctuated by rabid Australians who never seem to miss an opportunity to critique US politics and never seem to post anything about audio. And of course, there's the early 1990s GUI...

I think that about covers it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif For a Magnepan question, I still think the planar section on AA is what you're after...it was helpful when I had my SMGs.

CA.com Home Audio section, a bunch of yahoos asking about putting car amps in their house even though there have been a 1,000,000 threads on it already. Plus you ahve the hanyacks like Megalomaniac who just cause trouble. (BTW it takes 5 yahoos to equal 1 Hanyack; these are actual terms I use in daily life.) ((BTW J/K Megalo don't want you getting butt hurt or anything.)
my feelings are hurt, I may have posted in the Home Audio section a handful of times //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif and when I do ask a question, I like to know why and not just a yay or nay answer along with a recommendation of a better unit rather than to just shun the unit I ask about.

my feelings are hurt, I may have posted in the Home Audio section a handful of times //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif and when I do ask a question, I like to know why and not just a yay or nay answer along with a recommendation of a better unit rather than to just shun the unit I ask about.
I said I was just kidding... Jeezzzeee....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.