What is the best way to wire up these subs

UK Bass
10+ year member

I have 3 Audiobahn AW1200x subs that have dual 4 ohm voice coils and are 700w rms I also have one 1 Audiobahn A2300HCQ amp which is 2400w rms @ 1 ohm mono

What would be the best way to wire these sub up to this amp? would I get 1 ohm off the amp if i went to each voice coil in series or can I only go to 1 voice coil per sub?

If this is so would i need another amp to power the other voice coil on each sub.

Is is bad for the sub if you just use 1 voice coil or is it bad for the amp to run 3 dual voice ciols of it?

AHHH dont only run one coil first of all //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif and id say go with 2 jbl 1200x1 amps. One to run the 1Ohm sub and the other to run the dvc subs.

! am not after recommendations for amps here! I already have my Audiobahn amp.

All I am after is some good advice by someone how knows stuff.

3dvcseries.gif

This would give you an impedence load of 2.67ohm to round off.

And this will give you a load of .66 ohm.

3dvcparallel.gif

I would choose the latter. With the in box impedence rise. I highly doubt your amp would ever see anything below 1ohm. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If I use the diagram from above. And get 2 ohm, this will only give me 1200w rms and my subs can handle a total of 2100w rms (700w rms each). Is there any way I can get the right power from this amp for my subs.

Could I possibly use both voice coils on some subs and only one voice coil on others to get a 1 ohm load. And if so is it ok to do this.

I would try the parallel option. .66ohm is the nominal impedence. Impedence isn't a constant. It is dynamic just like music. It changes with frequency. Your amp would hardly ever ( if ever ) see .66ohm. I am not sure about using both coils of one or two subs. And just one of the other. using just one coil won't harm the sub. But with your subs being dvc's. The sub(s) that you only use one voice coil of, would be a different impedence than the other(s). Which means you wouldn't get equal power to all three subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.