What is the best for the money?

recently i had my subs stolen and i plan on getting a single 12" or 15" subwoofer. im looking to spend between 200 and 250 dollars. less is fine too. It needs to have high sound quality and good low end extension. It also needs to be decently loud, but sq is more important. I want it to accurately reproduce music and hit quickly. my amplifier puts out 1000w rms (bench tested). What are your suggestions?
Fi Q

IDMAX

DD 2512 - I am not sure about the low end extension

I'm with Immacomputer, you can't beat those av15's for 125.00

I've run an av12 tuned to 19/20 htz(can't remember) with 700watts for years, awesome subs, very good SQ.

ive done a bit more research and i can get an eclipse SW8200 for $165 (+$30 for shipping). they seem to be exactly what i am looking for, The fi q's cost alot more, seem to be a bit louder, but lack the low end extension (18hz on the SW8200). IDMAX is a bit out of my price range as far as i can tell and doesn't seem to be currently producing drivers. Those acoustic elegance speakers do look like a nice option, but they also seem to be not making them yet.

Why not go with Dayton Audio?

The 12" driver is only 130 or so and shipping is usually cheap, the 15" version is IIRC about 150. If you don't mind waiting, partsexpress.com (where you can buy Dayton) occasionally offers free shipping on orders over 100 dollars, it'll save you 12-20 bucks.

Theres the HO and HF lines, HO is geared more towards car audio where smaller boxes are required, HF is geared more towards home audio where cabinet size does not matter...though both can be used in either application.

I've used the 12" HO before, and it is definitely a high quality driver for the price, IMO very hard to beat in the price to performance ratio.

well, i currently live about 20 min from the partexpress store, i have been there and heard their drivers and i wasnt impressed.

@ bottom3: how does the quote go against anything i said? it says we will have, not we currently do. i know they are great drivers, im just not willing to wait.

I got an Email from AE a few weeks ago, they should still have a few. I would drop them a line, you can google/ Stryke av15/ everyone else seems to like them also.

------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Everyone,

AE Speakers/Acoustic Elegance is back in business. Our new website is almost up

and our forums are now active again. I'd like to thank everyone who has

supported us over the past few years through all our difficulties.

We have some exciting news now though. We will be releasing some new products

in the very near future. In the meantime though WE HAVE WOOFERS IN STOCK! For

those of you who are familiar with all the struggles of the many internet woofer

companies, you realize how important that is. We have a bunch of closeout

deals right now from overstock parts. We need to clear some room on the shelves

for new parts coming in. We currently have some nice cast frame 12" drivers

with 16mm Xmax for only $75! We have some woofers that are nearly identical to

our old AV12's and AV15's for only $125 as well. We have limited supply of

these, but they need to go quickly. Our shipping room is FULL and we can't

walk!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.