blown sub's

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey i just blew my 2 12" polk db's that are already in a encloser and i was wondering if i can just take both of them out and put 2 12" kicker cvr's in to replace them. This would make it easy so i dont have to get a new enclosure. And also how hard is it to take out the polk subs and put the new ones in there. Thats a lot and my amp is a kicker zx 1000.1 mono amp. Thanks, Matt

That enclosure *****.....and that's probably the reason why your subs blew.... Trust me on that man. If you get an NICE ported enclosure designed and built for your liking (tuning frequency), your subs, and your vehicle, you'll be a lot happier, the subs will be a lot happier, your wallet (in the long run) will be a lot happier and so will your passengers!!!

Let me design and build one for you....I PROMISE you'll see and hear the difference over that crappy Circuit City/Polk enclosure!!!

V.

More than likely it was the amp install / settings, not the box
that enclosure (I know for a FACT) does not have enough airspace in it, doesn't have enough port area in it and is def. tuned HIGH...high as in the mid to high 40's. If he played low bass songs through it (without a sub sonic filter), bye bye subs!

V.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.