What is the best amp for JL Audio 13W7?

jus_n
10+ year member

Kauai,HI
I was wondering if i should get the new Orion 2500d to power one JL Audio 13W7? Would the sub handle 2500 plus rms watts? If not what would be the best amp that could give me the best results with my JL Audio 13W7?

I have actually seen someone run a 13w7 to an Orion 2500D and the Orion smoked the thing in minutes. I wouldnt recommend doing it unless you dont care about your sub //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif You only would need a 1200D for it, run it at .75 ohms as long as you got good voltage throughout the car.

YOU GUYS ARE ALL WRONG!!!!!!!!!!! THE JL 1000/1 WILL DO THE BEST, BECAUSE ITS JL AND JL AMPS AND SUBS WORK THE BEST TOGETHER ITS THE WAY THEY ARE MADE....

My cousin works for the goodguys and they are a huge distributer of JL products...

YOU GUYS ARE ALL WRONG!!!!!!!!!!! THE JL 1000/1 WILL DO THE BEST, BECAUSE ITS JL AND JL AMPS AND SUBS WORK THE BEST TOGETHER ITS THE WAY THEY ARE MADE....
My cousin works for the goodguys and they are a huge distributer of JL products...
Why do you think you are so knowledgeable about it? Just because a 1000/1 has the 1.3-4 ohm power technology doesn't mean that it will be better than another amp that puts out 1000 watts at 1 ohm.

By saying this, you are also saying that other companies are the same way? Does this mean that Rockford Fosgate's Stardust technology works the best with Punch or Power woofers?

You have your ideas in the wrong place.

YOUR THE WRONG ONE THERE BUDDY!
Sure the JL amps are great with their floating-rail design, but Havoc & Devin said it best with the amps they listed. A good amp for it will be an amp the puts out 1000watts rms @ 4ohms or better. The Orion will be nice too. The Tantrum should deliver 1350 watts rms @ 3ohms. limitkid7 has a 13.5 w/ a Tantrum 1200.1!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

My cuzin and i also were able to test various amps that they had at the store, just playin around, they did have a 1501bd and a couple others forgot the names and they did run the sub pretty good but when the JL 1000/1 was plugged there was a noticable difference in SQ

My cuzin and i also were able to test various amps that they had at the store, just playin around, they did have a 1501bd and a couple others forgot the names and they did run the sub pretty good but when the JL 1000/1 was plugged there was a noticable difference in SQ
Ofcourse. You tested on 2 different amps that put out 2 different amounts of power.
The 1501bd can be ran @ 2 or 4ohms ONLY! The 13.5 is 1.5ohm DVC, which can be wired to .75ohms or 3ohms. The only way you could wire the 1501bd to the 13.5 was in series for a 3ohm load, and it was probally putting out less than a 1000watts rms at that ohm load!

Jl's 1000watt amp does 1000watts rms from 1.5-4ohms. You can wire it in series for 3ohms to deliver 1000watts rms to that 13.5!

That's reason it was probally sounding better, louder!

No, its not that they work the best, its that they are DESIGNED to work the best because JL are money hungry bastards who design their amp and subs to be optimal with each other. Who the hell else would make a d*mn SVC 3 ohm sub, thats right, a company whose amps JUST HAPPEN to put out full power at 3 ohms.

********. There are plenty of amps out there(for less money mind you) that will perform just as well as the JL.

Get off JL's c0ck.

How was I wrong then...?

How about a JL 1000/1?
Looks like I was absolutely correct according to your theory.

How much watts would the Orion 1200d put out at .75 ohms? And is it okay to run the Orion 1200d at .75 ohms? Thanks for the replies....

yes its 1200 watts at 1 ohm rated, but i sell dual eclipse 12 set ups with a 1200D all day long, which is a .75 load. Two Titaniums off a 2500D at .75 Ohms wangs!!!! Enough of my rambling...to answer you, yes you can run it at that all day long AS LONG as you have good voltage in the vehicle.

Crossed over at the same frequency and given the same power. u wont notice a difference in SQ between Amp X vs Amp Y.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.