What is going on??? please help me out here, im going crazy!!

gravic0

Corona
Hey everyone, thanks for reading and helping out if you intended to. So i have a 2011 chevy silverado, comes with a built in bluetooth mic for my cellphone and instead of getting a head unit and making the steering wheel controls and bluetooth useless without buying a $300 dollar kit, i decided to get a Line output convertor. So i have a PAC SNI-35 LOC with a 8105D kenwood amp pushing 2 10" kick comps in a ported box under my back seat in the extended cab. Now my question is, i have all this power, all this sub, but not nearly as loud as my buddies who has 2 10" kenwoods with an 800 watt xplod sony amp....and im really confused because ive tried everything, wiring them in parallel, series, rewiring everything, messing with the gain, frequency, bass boost, and especially messing with the LOC settings, it has 2 little adjustable knobs that you can turn, and it says to turn them both clockwise for increasing the sound/gain/frequency (couldnt really find out what it did to be honest) and still, it sounds like my subs are turned all the way down, they arent moving at all....So before everyone suggests i need to get a head unit because i may not be getting enough voltage to the amp from the RCA input, i tried to put my box in my buddies car and hooked it up to his amp and still, they sounded really really low, and didnt do anything to the amp or head unit after his was literally shaking the house.....

So my question is, is it the subs, my amp, the LOC, are my subs wired wrong in the box enclosure, they couldnt be blown because they never were that loud, maybe bad wiring in the box, or maybe the wires in the box shook loose. i have no idea, im a car audio n00b....so any input would be greatly helpful....thank you in advance.

Sounds like the subs are wired out of phase. This could be from the wiring to the LOC, if that is out of phase, and you're wiring in phase on the subs, you're going to have cancellation.

Sounds like the subs are wired out of phase. This could be from the wiring to the LOC, if that is out of phase, and you're wiring in phase on the subs, you're going to have cancellation.

try that it my guess. or maybe subs are wired out of phase in box as well.

what is phasing? and how do i go about fixing it? and i dont think the LOC has anything to do with it because like i said, i put the box in my buddies car and it sounded the same even with his head unit.

what is phasing? and how do i go about fixing it? and i dont think the LOC has anything to do with it because like i said, i put the box in my buddies car and it sounded the same even with his head unit.
Google phasing vs. polarity. Polarity is often referred to as phase in most places, but it is different. Polarity is a possible issue here, but if neither are moving that much, you've probably got a different issue. Look at wiring again. You've narrowed it down to the box, so that's where you need to look.

Have you tried your friends box in your car?

definitely subs. if you said you pulled them out and connected them in a friends car then sounds like you've narrowed it down to the subs/box.

like someone mentioned above, try connecting your friends subs in your car and see if that sounds any louder/different. sounds ilke its your wiring of your subs. connect one sub at a time. are they dual or single voice coils? sounds like you're probably wiring them wrong. go to the12volt.com and go to "subwoofer wiring" to check out the wiring diagrams. you will have to know your ohm load and if theyre dvc or svc.

if its your loc then try getting the signal from a different source. ie the subwoofer signal if you have a subwoofer. otherwise grab it from the mid bass and not the tweeters (if you have them)

Most deff. a wiring issue.Not knowing the model of the amp, or subs, I cant tell you what ohm load to be at with subs, and amp stability.her is a chart to look into for wiring up sub woofers as well as alot more info that can be useful.

Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams

Pull the subs out and get the model # and google them up, as well as the model # on the amp, and let us know as well,to possibly help you out, to get the most out of what you have atm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.