What is correct way to wire Alpine Type R sub to 2 ohms? Pics attached

Shawn1112
10+ year member

I have a Alpine SWR-12D4 and want to run it at 2 ohms. See pics of what I did and how directions show you how. Directions dont seem correct because jumpers dont stay in the top.

This pic directions show jumpers go on top of terminals, but they will fall out

photo42_zpsae26b19a.jpg

This pic is doing as directions show

photo44-1_zpse9dcf836.jpg

This pic is what made sense to me, is this correct wiring for 2 ohm

photo43_zpsf79b5d40.jpg

Pretty sure alpine knows what there doing! But if you would like to see for yourself, go ahead and wire it up to an amp. I'll bet ya that alpines diagram will run much louder lol.

First picture is correct. If you have an Digital Multimeter (DMM), set it to the Ohms position, and connect your leads to the wires without them being connected to the amp. You should right around 2 Ohms.

A couple of you say 1st pic is correct, 1st pic meaning pic of sub or pic of directions. My problem is the jumpers dont stay in terminal going from the top (1st pic of sub). They only stay in terminal if I plug them in where speaker wire goes (2nd pic of sub). So if 1st pic is correct, do I need to run those jumpers and speaker wire in to terminal?

If you have a smart phone you can download apps for Rockford fosgate and jl audio that both offer wiring diagrams that are super easy to follow. Apps are free too!

Here is the information that you asked of,and you dont need to place the wiring connections on top,as the pic shows, if they keep falling out, just attatch the wire to each terminal secured(you dont have to use those Bannana type plugs either) Just solid wire will be just fine,to make a solid connection.Here is a diagram for 1-dvc4ohm sub to wire to 2 ohms

Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams, One 4 ohm Dual Voice Coil (DVC) Speaker

A couple of you say 1st pic is correct, 1st pic meaning pic of sub or pic of directions. My problem is the jumpers dont stay in terminal going from the top (1st pic of sub). They only stay in terminal if I plug them in where speaker wire goes (2nd pic of sub). So if 1st pic is correct, do I need to run those jumpers and speaker wire in to terminal?
Put them in the speaker wire location then.You need it to stay in/have a solid connection

I did what I think a couple of you are saying is the correct way. Now if this is correct, running the jumpers in to the terminal with the speaker wire, do you think those jumpers will fall out when the bass hits???

photo46_zpsbd4e829e.jpg

Take a few minutes, and look at the diagram i sent you, and take a look at what you have here..That should answer your question,and tug on those wires to see if they come loose..to make room for both wires to the same terminal...get rid of those fancy looking terminals, and splice the wire together for a solid connection..Yet everything looks correct...All the + connections tie in to each other, and all the negative connections wire into each other,and all have to meet the terminals.Tug on the wiring, and if she seems secure, place it in the enclosure, and mount it up

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Shawn1112

10+ year member
Shawn1112
Chicago IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from