What in the WORLD is wrong with my AMP!!!!!!!!!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list
So with everything connected to the amp and the truck turned on, your amp positive reads 5 volts? what about your battery?
last time i checked the positive on the battery read 12v, and the positive on the amp with the wire connected reads around 5...and if you read where I said that when we finally got it working it was a result of taking rubber washers off of the inline fuse...im starting to think that it's the fuse or something...but the fuse isn't broken...this is so confusing lol

last time i checked the positive on the battery read 12v, and the positive on the amp with the wire connected reads around 5...and if you read where I said that when we finally got it working it was a result of taking rubber washers off of the inline fuse...im starting to think that it's the fuse or something...but the fuse isn't broken...this is so confusing lol
Is it an AGU fuse? It might have become de-solderd

So with everything connected to the amp and the truck turned on, your amp positive reads 5 volts? what about your battery?
ok so just went and checked the positive terminal on the battery...just over 12v (12.5v) and then checked the amps positive with the cable connected...(5v) so I think i'm starting to understand...maybe the reason the positive on the amp is only 5v is because of the bad ground? it's still confusing though because I can still power the amp by putting a wire to the positive and remote on the amp...but really not sure of the ins and outs of that

Wow man i would just run the remote straight to the amps first off, from what i read it sounds like you uave your remote running to the relay for the parking bypass??? i never did that with a pioneer. just run it straight to the amp before you try anything else. abd as far as the 5v situation at the amp power that sounds way wrong it should be reading what the battery does..

Wow man i would just run the remote straight to the amps first off, from what i read it sounds like you uave your remote running to the relay for the parking bypass??? i never did that with a pioneer. just run it straight to the amp before you try anything else. abd as far as the 5v situation at the amp power that sounds way wrong it should be reading what the battery does..
the remote wire was only previously being ran through a relay. I have since disconnected the relay and ran the remote straight to the amp. you are correct about the 5v not being sufficient, and im sure this is why my amp isn't powering up, but what i'm confused about is why i'm still about to in a sense "hotwire" the amp by touching a wire to the positive and the remote on the amp...I'm thinking it wouldn't power on if the power or ground wasn't pulling enough power or grounded correctly...this is really what i wish someone could answer...

Is it an AGU fuse? It might have become de-solderd
yes it is an AGU FUSE! I got it off of a guy for free, he just had it laying around...I do have an unopened amp kit laying around that has a 50 amp fuse and fuse holder but its for a 680 watt amp...my amp is 1280 watts, but the rms is like 100 watts x 4 at 4 ohms...im hesitant to use this amp kit...what do u think? the wire guage is 8

A good general fuse rating is

Rms it will be pushing x #of channels running / 10.

For example a two channel amp that pushes 250 rms to each channel should be fused at 50a

In your example. 100rms x4=400/10= 40. So a 40 amp fuse should do in most situations. Now some amps are more efficient, but as a general rule of thumb this should work

well the new 50 amp fuse wouldn't fit in the 4 guage wire so i just rewired with the new amp kit (8 guage) and now the thing is BACK TO LIFE!!! must have been the power wire. THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE HELP!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.