what got you into bass?

Metalhead, so....

First concert I went to that I could feel the sound going through me. No car stereo I ever heard did that until I heard a buddy's Nova that almost hurt to sit in the back seat.

I love the full sound. Sound you can feel

heard 2 JL subs in a bandpass one night at a party. didnt even know what a bandpass was, but it was LOUD and i wanted some

I've always loved the rumble bass in movie theaters when I was a kid. I eventually got a home theater system for my room with a 100w sub and just blasted music all day. My neighbor who was in college (at the time I was like middle school) had an accord with his whole trunk boxed with one big sub, that's all I remember. It would crank pretty hard, and ever since I've always wanted to put some bass in my car when I got my license. Most of my friends got their licenses before me so they were technically the 1st ones to have bass cars. But they weren't anything like here. One guy had 2 Best Buy Jensen Neon Bandpass Boxes in his Expedition, everyone loved it cause of the neons and plastic grills. Another kid had a pair of sony xplode 12"s in a prefab sealed, he would tailgate with it and everyone was awestruck by the bass lol. When I finally got mine I had a pair of Type R's with a 4.0ft^3 box @ 40Hz I made with 6" aeros (which I later sold to another friend) and everyone thought I had the most weirdest substage. I guess they don't like aeros?

An older Pioneer home stereo is what did it for me. I had a receiver/6cd player/amplifier all in one unit with a turntable and it was hooked up to two cabinets with a 15'', a 6'' mid, and a 3'' tweeter in each. Since then I've been obssesed with bass lol.

I got into my friends bronco one time and it was the first time i had ever heard a system, in about 9th grade..ive been in love ever since. went and bought me some cadence 10's lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

sony xplods

not even shitting you. those were the first subs i ever remember hearing and i was like ****, i wonder how loud better subs can get...lol

My older brother always dreamed of having a system, and he couldn't do it so I lived his dream for him.

But besides that, mostly my friend Lino, and partially my neighbor mike. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Lino for the most part, he introduced me to the underground moofas and ca.com //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

my uncle was sexually abusing me in the back of his pinto and he had his system turned up to drown out my cries.

i play my subs everytime i want to cry now

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.