What gets down on 300-350wrms?

JoshC
10+ year member

The Taco MASTA
Houston, tx
Picked up an old mtx 5ch the other day for dirt cheap. The sub channel bench tested at 296wmrs x 2ohms @ 12.5V. So im thinking at 13.8V it does maybe 350, car will be an suv, prob a lil hundy or s10. So im thinking ported 15, first thought was DCON or IA 187. But im sure there a ton of subs i dont know about that run around this level.

So what sub 12-15in does good on 300-350wrms ported, trying for SQL with authority on da lows

I know JL recommends 300rms for my 10" w3's maybe something else to take a look at. Honestly I've had every alpine sub, a few mtx's Polk dh series, Sony, kicker, and pioneer and the two 10w3' are my favorites so far. I know there's better and what not but I'm extremely pleased with their range and I got an awesome deal so that helps.

Dayton ho, think efficient. OS speakers usually fall in this. Sound stream ss line.. Sensitivy was like 100db.. Ahh.. ID, alot of home subs fall in the 3-5 huńdred watt range

I ran my OA 15 on a couple hundred watts for a while and it was suprisingly loud. That gives you headroom to upgrade amp later too.
I have an OA 12, but i want the motor to have plenty of force so im dont wanna run half rms to it. Its a 5ch, im trying to use it for the entire trucks system not upgrade laters, i run the big boy stuffs lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.