What gauge speaker wire?

Participant count
  • Participant list

PTswim41
10+ year member

What gauge speaker wire should I get to power my Rockford Fosgate 6x9 and 6.5s? They both run at 4 ohms. I would have 4 runs of wire coming from the 6.5s that would be about 18 ft each, and then another 4 coming from the 6x9s that would be about 5 feet each.

Ive heard some people use 10 or 12 but other people say your fine with 14. What gauge should i get?

did you get it from walmart? cuz thats where i saw it. and its actually 14 gauge right? cuz some of those cheap brands tell you its 14 when its actually 16 or 18

did you get it from walmart? cuz thats where i saw it. and its actually 14 gauge right? cuz some of those cheap brands tell you its 14 when its actually 16 or 18
yea walmart yea mayb not 14ga tbh but on the cheap for some speakers its ok but im sure otheres will say u need better . u have more money go ahead and get a bigger comapany wire. i have no issue.

Scosche is CCA I believe. I had some of their 14 gauge (three roles of it) and used it for subs (~750 rms) and it worked fine, so I bet it'll be fine for your door speakers.

Scosche is CCA I believe. I had some of their 14 gauge (three roles of it) and used it for subs (~750 rms) and it worked fine, so I bet it'll be fine for your door speakers.
yeah its CCA. I just found 100 ft of Raptor 14 gauge for $23.50. Seems like a pretty good deal and Raptor is a decent brand. Should i just go with this?

yeah its CCA. I just found 100 ft of Raptor 14 gauge for $23.50. Seems like a pretty good deal and Raptor is a decent brand. Should i just go with this?
Yes, I would get that then ship it to me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Ha I have the Scosche 14ga wire too for my mids/tweets, it's OFC but not exactly flexible(but it isn't really a problem), my stinger 12ga speaker wire is more flexible than that.

If you're running 50 watts or less to each speakers then 16 gauge would make the install easier.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.