What exactly is a Component system?

Participant count
  • Participant list
a component system is not what your friend is describing, slap him for me :p

a component (or comp. as u will se htem referred to as) consists ofa woofer anda tweeter, as well as a crossover

a standard speaker (coaxial) is a woofer and a tweeter in one piece, like mounted together.

Components take the signal from yur amp or HU and send it to the xover, splitting it sending the highs to the tweeter (little speakers found in the middle of coax's) and the lower mids to the woofer.

generally speakinga decent comp system will sound better than a decent coax.

one thing i ahve noticed with my infinity comps is that the treble and the mids arrive at the same timee, as tehy are coming from two independant speakers, rather tahn sharinga speaker.

hope i could help

You def. helped a lot, and I will indeed step in my friends face for you =)

So it would be better off going with a RF Comp. then getting to pairs or speakers I assume?

well, most of the time, but nto always

I personally dont liek the RF comps, i prefer the infinities, teh alpine type r's (make sure you ahve a dwide enuf doorfor them, as they will only fit ina few vehicles) but i dont really liek the Rockfords. Try JL, Infinity, Alpine, and a whole bunch others, hopefulkly someone out there can throw out some more names.

The RF's are decent, but in my eyes, over priced for what you are getting.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.