What else do I need to complete my audio system?

Participant count
  • Participant list

nimedon

Hello,

I've just received a DLS Iridium 6.3i 3 way stereo speaker system from a friend, they are in excelent condition and got them as a gift, I have a civid 2002 coupe, what else do I need to complete my system? I know I'm gonna need to spend some money, but I really don't have any idea of what I need, can someone help me?

thank you

Hello,I've just received a DLS Iridium 6.3i 3 way stereo speaker system from a friend, they are in excelent condition and got them as a gift, I have a civid 2002 coupe, what else do I need to complete my system? I know I'm gonna need to spend some money, but I really don't have any idea of what I need, can someone help me?

thank you
tell your friend he/she is the man and gives great presents.

Thanks for your answers, what kind of amps do I need, 2 channel, 4 channel, 2x 2 channel? and what spec for the amps?

What is sound deadening? and head unit/deck?

Thanks, and sorry for all these noobie questions

Spend some time reading threads on door installation, amps and wiring. Use the search feature to find threads on more questions. They have all been asked before. Determine your budget. More is better.

Thanks for your answers, what kind of amps do I need, 2 channel, 4 channel, 2x 2 channel? and what spec for the amps?
For the front speakers you need a 2 channel (stereo) amp. 50 watts x 2 RMS would be a good start, more is better. The subwoofer will require another amplifier, a mono/sub amp. 250 - 400 watts RMS, should be the minimum. More is better. A good beginner set up is to get a 4 channel amp instead of 2 seperate amps. Bridge 2 channels together for a subwoofer and the remaining 2 channels for the front door speakers.
What is sound deadening?
A stick on mat with a dense layer of material used as a sound dampening insulation, that is applied to the layers of the door and other surfaces in the car to reduce vibrations and sound transmission. Look here :http://www.secondskinaudio.com/vibration-mat/damplifier-pro.php
and head unit/deck?
That is the name of the stereo in your dash. Usually an aftermarket stereo that can provide RCA outputs for your front speaker amplifer and sub amplifier. A basic unit will do fine. Spend your money on good amps, subs and wiring.
Thanks, and sorry for all these noobie questions

Wiring and good installation is very important. Get good wiring from here; http://www.knukonceptz.com/

Read lots of threads on how to deaden your doors and install door speakers to get the most out of those quality speakers. A bad install will make them sound bad.

I'd give a 3-way set at least 100w a channel. More like 150-200 for those. But back on track, you have a very good set of speakers. Just because your car has rear speakers doesn't mean you need them. I'd remove them. Get a nice 8 or 10" sub and an amp and you'll be good to go.

There are hundreds of combos you could go with. As stated figure out how much you want to spend and find some people on here in your area to help you install it all. Your speakers are awesome and you have the advantage of having a good set of speakers to build upon, rather than doing the opposite and buying a power hungry sub, then buying everything else to "keep up". I'd be prepared to spend at least $500 minimum to build a system around those components. And that's assuming you find someone who will help you install for cheap.

One more question, should I buy 1 subwoofer or 2? I was thinking on getting this one:

DLS Ultimate SP18S

and if I buy 1 or 2, should I get 2 amplifiers with 2 channels each? or can I buy one with 4 channel, if yes, would this one work:

DLS Ultimate A4

?

Thanks again

Subs are usually wired together onto a single large/powerfull sub amp. Class D amps are prefered for subs. A seperate smaller 2 channel amp for the front speakers.

Few people have the room for two 18" subs. Look at the size of the box it will need and you will probably go with one 12" or 15", which would be fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.