• Thread starter <motoxrtumper>
  • Start date
  • Replies 6
  • Views 32K
Status
Not open for further replies.
&

<motoxrtumper>

i have been looking into some subwoofer specs and i was just wondering what Vas stands for.

for example i found a sub that says Vas 2.68 cuft

i guess it could stand for volume air space and the cuft means cubic feet but im not sure

thanx

each brand of sub needs a certain box size to get optimum results. Vas is the inner capacity of the box required for that sub to give max output at a stated frequency, usually bout 80 hertz.

if you are going to use a sealed box, you can deviate from the exact sixe by 10 or 15 % without too much drama. if you pick a ported box, follow the instructions to the letter.

From what ive read, i believe VAS means the point in which the sub will play like its in a free air enclosure. I.E. if a subwoofer has a VAS of 3.0cft, than a 3cft enclosure(sealed) would be the equivilent of a free air design. Why?, because a large box doesn't provide the same air suspention on the woofer cone that a small one would.

Im pretty sure this is right, if im wrong im sorry.

-Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...