What does this mean?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jimmclrk1
10+ year member

Weh mah Savage?
What's this fetish with being loud? I go for intensity. Thats why I'm going to run six 400 RMS subs at 120 RMS each in my car instead of 3 at 400 RMS each. The more subs you run at lower RMS, the better the SQ and intensity. Screw loudness. I reccomend everyone run more subs at lower RMS to get louder sound. These amounts of low vibrations can be heard more... I dunno. Your setup should sound nice. In case you're confused, whcih I can easily understand, listen to this. Two 400 RMS subs will sound worse at 400 RMS each than 4 of those 400 RMS subs at 200 RMS each. My subs handle 400 RMS each, but sound the most intense, and hit every note correctly at 100 to 150 RMS. And thats in a shitty vent ported box. With 4 at 200 RMS, you're getting the same wattage, 800 RMS, but more intensity, and the stronger it'll sound, and the harder you'll feel it. Thats why I'm going with 6 Thunder 8000 10"s at 100 - 120 RMs of the 400 RMS they handle! Will blow you away! Not competition wise... Like mentally and emotionally wise when you sit in my car!
Read the last sentence and just think about that for a while. Is there any validity whatsoever to any of the above statements, or is this just pure retardation off of the carstereo.com message boards?

I think that's just retardation Id you push a sub with too little power it will not sound as good

If you have a 2 800 watt sub with 20mm Xmax and only push it with 800 watts it will not sound better than one sub with the full 800 watts it will be louder and sound better

Read the last sentence and just think about that for a while. Is there any validity whatsoever to any of the above statements, or is this just pure retardation off of the carstereo.com message boards?

Sounds like he likes spending money.

^ I agree. It's probably the concept as adding woofers without adding power. If you have a 400 watt amp, four 12s getting 100 watts apiece will sound different than one of the same 12s getting 400 watts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.