what does midbass have to do with it????

toymachine2628
10+ year member

what frequency response is mid bass?

what is mid range?

It seems to me that a good comp. set (6.5") should have many aspects. detail, clarity, tonal balance, definition, and an overall brilliance to them..

why is it that most members recommending speakers say " great midbass" first.

to me it is an important aspect of a speaker, but it definitely not the most important.

should we leave the low frequency response for larger diameter speakers in boxes?

any explanations and opinions welcome!!!

i think mid-bass is something that stands out because it's harder to get great mid-bass output.
Absolutely

It's an extremely important aspect for me, due to my choice of music and listening style.

I consider midbass to be in the 60-120Hz range, really.

mid-range quality and output should be just as important, same with highs of course. but mid-bass just seems harder to achieve. sub-bass, mid-range, and highs come easy.

i know listening to music is subjective. ok, i try my explanation. i would consider the perfect speaker to be perfectly balanced, but have clarity and detail of the speaker let the different freq. be defined.

I have notice the new rockford fosgate power amps have a distinct feature. That is the freq. response is skewed at the mid- bass and high freq. ranges. Is this a growing trend in amps? Is all we looking for is enhanced mid bass?

*FYI* i would never buy an amp without a flat freq. response*

i know listening to music is subjective. ok, i try my explanation. i would consider the perfect speaker to be perfectly balanced, but have clarity and detail of the speaker let the different freq. be defined.
I have notice the new rockford fosgate power amps have a distinct feature. That is the freq. response is skewed at the mid- bass and high freq. ranges. Is this a growing trend in amps? Is all we looking for is enhanced mid bass?

*FYI* i would never buy an amp without a flat freq. response*
huh? where did you get this data?

I agree with the OP--we should not be looking for particular bands of output, but for a system that can blend all frequencies together smoothly for a flat and realistic response.

Midbass is just a hot buzzword for component sets right now.

It's more than a buzzword. The front speakers should go as low as possible for the best staging and imaging. Upfront bass has pretty much always been the goal, it's just that more people are starting to care about how it sounds not just how far away it can be heard so you hear more about it now. The subs shouldn't be playing the midbass freqs.

This little guys, especially in a 2 way front stage has in my opinion the toughest job. In all honesty without a good mid bass the subwoofer just does not sound complete....80-3khz is a tough area to cover and still keep its composure.

It's more than a buzzword. The front speakers should go as low as possible for the best staging and imaging. Upfront bass has pretty much always been the goal, it's just that more people are starting to care about how it sounds not just how far away it can be heard so you hear more about it now. The subs shouldn't be playing the midbass freqs.
an intelligible explanation is needed... you need to elaborate. This is a discussion these kind responses do nothing but confuse and mislead people.

i dont understand why if your front speakers have lower freq. response you have the best staging and imaging, explain..

i dont understand why it is the goal. almost every speaker review and recommendation on caraudio forums include GreaT MidBass. shouldnt the goal be to have perfect balance of all freq.?

why shouldnt sub play midbass freq, explain.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.