what does it take to get 150dB @ 25Hz?

How much you drop from outlaw to legal metering is completely situational. I've personally never seen anyone drop 5db, let alone 8db. I know CRX's and S10's drop pretty bad, but I've mostly heard/seen 3-4db depending on install. I only dropped 2db in my truck...got a 151 flat outlaw and 149 flat legal out of a single sub and 1500 watts. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Not calling ecrack a liar, I've just never seen or heard of it happen before.
The year I went to DB Drag Worlds in S3-4.. my Celica did 155.3 certified... I could do a 161.xx outlaw...

How much you drop from outlaw to legal metering is completely situational. I've personally never seen anyone drop 5db, let alone 8db. I know CRX's and S10's drop pretty bad, but I've mostly heard/seen 3-4db depending on install. I only dropped 2db in my truck...got a 151 flat outlaw and 149 flat legal out of a single sub and 1500 watts. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Not calling ecrack a liar, I've just never seen or heard of it happen before.
I take no offense. I have a well known person in mind... but I don't want to out him. I DO have a couple vids that prove it tho. Most of you would die laughing.

Also last year I went up against a guy who comes to my comps and can't break a 148 to save his life legal. This was a usaci show and he popped a 153. My setup is for DB drag so I only gained a couple tenths to eek out the win. I thought I had it in the bag until he popped his score. Then my butthole tightened a little bit.

My system doesn't even sound like it's on sealed up, crack a window half way and it's a completely different animal

night and day difference in sealed vs. outlaw (to the ear of course, have never had it on the meter both ways)

Unfortunately yes. Put the mic on the windsheild 12" to the left of the right a pillar and 4" higher than the highest portion of the dash. Close all doors and windows and try it again. Try not to cry.
thats the plan after the 2nd alt is added, the HP is set back up to 80Hz, and I actually burp above 29Hz

Looks like I'm fortunate that I don't drop that much going from one to the other. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

My system doesn't even sound like it's on sealed up, crack a window half way and it's a completely different animal
night and day difference in sealed vs. outlaw (to the ear of course, have never had it on the meter both ways)
when my windows are up it about rips the doors off, they pop out so far you can see through the rubber gasket on the outward stroke. I had to make caulk/foam/resin linings that made it so hard to open and shut the doors the handles broke. Passenger side handle is gone.

What brought on this thread was yesterday my girlfriend and I started going through my saved receipts, emai receipts, etc. We just finished.

I spent aproximately $10,776.26 on everything but the van, $4070 for the van, ballpark $14,846.26. I spent $15k to build the van.

To date, though this is NOT a competition vehicle, I did a 148.2dB @ 25Hz without the 2nd HO 300A alternator installed and 2nd spool of power wire. No tinkering and tweaking yet.

Did the following20hz 149.3

25hz 151.2

33hz 152.1

40hz 148.9

peak frequency 152.3 at 30hz

with 2 AA HAV 18s in a wall.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

well good for you though! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Im very impressed!

Whats this obsession with low tuning??? It's not loud, and all it does is destroy shit in the vehicle???? I have yet to see anyone bail out of a low tuned vehicle, but have seen a couple people throw up. While sitting in a vehicle tuned to 38hz.......Just my opinion, save the low tuning for home theater.......

Whats this obsession with low tuning??? It's not loud, and all it does is destroy shit in the vehicle???? I have yet to see anyone bail out of a low tuned vehicle, but have seen a couple people throw up. While sitting in a vehicle tuned to 38hz.......Just my opinion, save the low tuning for home theater.......
There is a compromise. What music besides chopped and screwed and dubstep etc is below 30hz? Almost none.... and it forces you to make your bandwidth so narrow you almost can't play music. Look Mr_singh. His bandwidth is falling off after 20cycles(20-40hz)? LOL my street box plays from 32hz to 70hz and doesn't drop below 143 at any freq and peaks at 153. This is sealed at the dash db drag style. Upgrades this season should increase that a bit, but who knows how much.

There is a compromise. What music besides chopped and screwed and dubstep etc is below 30hz? Almost none.... and it forces you to make your bandwidth so narrow you almost can't play music. Look Mr_singh. His bandwidth is falling off after 20cycles(20-40hz)? LOL my street box plays from 32hz to 70hz and doesn't drop below 143 at any freq and peaks at 153. This is sealed at the dash db drag style. Upgrades this season should increase that a bit, but who knows how much.
I agree, which is why I do not understand why someone would want to tune that low. Deff makes for a 1 dimensional system...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.