what does it take to get 150dB @ 25Hz?

I dont know anyone, no one round here does this stuff //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
That was my point lol. I was trying to get at the fact that it's so uncommon that not many people can really "guide" you to what you need. They can give suggestions, but I'd guess it's going to take a lot of trial and error and money to attain that goal, if you don't give up prior to reaching it. Whatever you do, don't just find out what someone is running that has done it and copy it, because it likely will not yield the same results in your car.

That was my point lol. I was trying to get at the fact that it's so uncommon that not many people can really "guide" you to what you need. They can give suggestions, but I'd guess it's going to take a lot of trial and error and money to attain that goal, if you don't give up prior to reaching it. Whatever you do, don't just find out what someone is running that has done it and copy it, because it likely will not yield the same results in your car.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif got ya. Thank you daboyfrumdabx

I figured that would be the case for 160's, not 150s
its for 160's.. above 50hz... and 150s @ 25hz... Tried the 150 @25hz thing in my 2000 Celica... took FOREVER I would say you need 2 LARGE drivers (18s or 21s) in a VERY ridgid enclosure.. TUNED properly.. and the car has to be damped properly also... ALOT o'power (but not too much.. I was locking things up before 150.. took 4 amps out and .... 150.xx @ 25hz) batteries... batteries... batteries

I figured that would be the case for 160's, not 150s
Well he and I deal with DB drag metering. It takes almost nothing to hit 150 usaci style. It's easy. We have people that come to my shows and put up a 150 usaci style and do a 142 legal. LOL it's pitiful. To do a 150 sealed he's right. To do a 150 usaci, you can do it with almost no time, money or patience.

its for 160's.. above 50hz... and 150s @ 25hz... Tried the 150 @25hz thing in my 2000 Celica... took FOREVER I would say you need 2 LARGE drivers (18s or 21s) in a VERY ridgid enclosure.. TUNED properly.. and the car has to be damped properly also... ALOT o'power (but not too much.. I was locking things up before 150.. took 4 amps out and .... 150.xx @ 25hz) batteries... batteries... batteries
well i have a lot of food for thought now, thank you guys!

Well he and I deal with DB drag metering. It takes almost nothing to hit 150 usaci style. It's easy. We have people that come to my shows and put up a 150 usaci style and do a 142 legal. LOL it's pitiful. To do a 150 sealed he's right. To do a 150 usaci, you can do it with almost no time, money or patience.
I believe I was on the floor, windows down... the easy way?

Divine Intervention

images

Unfortunately yes. Put the mic on the windsheild 12" to the left of the right a pillar and 4" higher than the highest portion of the dash. Close all doors and windows and try it again. Try not to cry.

Unfortunately yes. Put the mic on the windsheild 12" to the left of the right a pillar and 4" higher than the highest portion of the dash. Close all doors and windows and try it again. Try not to cry.

How much you drop from outlaw to legal metering is completely situational. I've personally never seen anyone drop 5db, let alone 8db. I know CRX's and S10's drop pretty bad, but I've mostly heard/seen 3-4db depending on install. I only dropped 2db in my truck...got a 151 flat outlaw and 149 flat legal out of a single sub and 1500 watts. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Not calling ecrack a liar, I've just never seen or heard of it happen before.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.