What do you use for source audio?

Jeremy11

So a little reference for that question. I have recently installed a system after not having one for a loooong time (I'm mid 40's). The few older cds I have sound good. Newer ones just don't sound right at high volume,or sometimes at all. I have tried hooking up my iPad, same as newer cds. I think the equipment I have is adequate for what I am after sound wise but I'm not sure how to go about it without just scouring music stores for old used cds. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jeremy

I use spotify on a tablet connected to the HU via bluetooth. Sounds as good as a CD to me. The way your connected and the file type plays a big role in sound quality. Someone with more knowledge on that should chime in

Oh yes I guess equipment list is important,sorry. I have a kenwood ddx374 hu. Rockford t1 6.75 components up front, t1 5.25 components in back, 2 p3 12's. My amps are Rockford power t600-4 on

The highs and a punch 1000bd on the subs. As far as cross overs I am using the hu. As far as the cds the old ones are stuff like Dr dre, madonna ect. The new ones are old music but new discs, 2pac Phil Collins. Sorry I am not good at the copying quotes lol. Also thanks for trying to help!

Oh yes I guess equipment list is important,sorry. I have a kenwood ddx374 hu. Rockford t1 6.75 components up front, t1 5.25 components in back, 2 p3 12's. My amps are Rockford power t600-4 on The highs and a punch 1000bd on the subs. As far as cross overs I am using the hu. As far as the cds the old ones are stuff like Dr dre, madonna ect. The new ones are old music but new discs, 2pac Phil Collins. Sorry I am not good at the copying quotes lol. Also thanks for trying to help!
One big help in sound would be ditch the rear components and run your t600-4 active on the front stage ..deaden the doors for more solid mid bass and hopefully you have good speaker placement on the front components..

One big help in sound would be ditch the rear components and run your t600-4 active on the front stage ..deaden the doors for more solid mid bass and hopefully you have good speaker placement on the front components..
So I have been running with the rear components off since I read this and it is def better. I think I want to go active,but until I can afford a crossover I am going to biamp the fronts. The Rockford crossover with the components is set up to do this. Any recommendations for a crossover that's not super expensive and easy to use(pretty novice)? I was looking at the audio control 6xs, any opinions there? Thanks again!

Almost forgot I have been using Spotify and it works pretty well. There still are some songs that sound meh. But I guess not every recording is meant to jam out lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.