what do you think are the lowest end subs?

23 bucks each12's bulk discount 10 with free ship is 219.90.
4001162.jpg
How bout ten 6" Pyle woofers..

What SPL would blow everyone's mind.. 143.. 145.. 147db?

So after thinking about it for a while.. Debating how much money I was gonna throw away on JUNK woofers... LOL

I went with the PYLE 6" SUBWOOFER.. TEN OF THEM!

Cost me $350.00 after shipping and import fees, taxes, currency/exchange rate... Bullshiz cuz Walmart in the states sells them for $12 and won't sell them to me in Canada so I gotta pay triple that!

I'll start the build when they get here.

I paid over $170 shipping for a handfull of $12 woofer ahaha

Gonna be FUN!

Well the subs came in today, and I had a friend here with me... When he seen them he asked "are the voice coils in those Pyle woofers spun from tin foil, why did you buy that garbage?" BAHAHA

Told him I'm hoping to get a mid 145, he thinks i better be happy with a 135 LOL

Here's a few photos of the 6.5" beasts next to an atomic apocalypse 8"

Wow that is insane . The amount you paid for shipping and fees........wow. I think what you are trying to accomplish is awesome but that shipping bullet is not one I think I could bite. Interested to see how this ends up no matter what the results.

Ya, im gonna build it this week and next. Im heading back to work soon so if i dont get it done now i wont be ready.

I was messing around with the metro street max build last night too.. Depressing!

I added the second Stetsom 7k2d and only went up 0.5 db.. 153 up to 153.5

I know when I was running one Stetsom at 0.5 ohm after rise it was 1 ohm and putting out 6500 clamped. My multimeter was dead cuz I left it on while on vacation LOL... so I didn't check what the rise was with an amp to each woofer .. Maybe I'll look more into it and my gains weren't set accurate. I don't know.. Something is not right.

EDIT: I did match the gains with a multimeter.. Just don't have a second for a clamp test.

Ya, im gonna build it this week and next. Im heading back to work soon so if i dont get it done now i wont be ready.

I was messing around with the metro street max build last night too.. Depressing!

I added the second Stetsom 7k2d and only went up 0.5 db.. 153 up to 153.5

I know when I was running one Stetsom at 0.5 ohm after rise it was 1 ohm and putting out 6500 clamped. My multimeter was dead cuz I left it on while on vacation LOL... so I didn't check what the rise was with an amp to each woofer .. Maybe I'll look more into it and my gains weren't set accurate. I don't know.. Something is not right.

EDIT: I did match the gains with a multimeter.. Just don't have a second for a clamp test.
Maybe you hit the limit of the atomic 15's and throwing more power to them isn't really making a difference on output.

Too bad the days of Thump car audio sales are over. They used to be all over Ontario in XSCargo stores. Amps, speakers, subs, boxes, everything.

Well the subs came in today, and I had a friend here with me... When he seen them he asked "are the voice coils in those Pyle woofers spun from tin foil, why did you buy that garbage?" BAHAHA
Told him I'm hoping to get a mid 145, he thinks i better be happy with a 135 LOL

Here's a few photos of the 6.5" beasts next to an atomic apocalypse 8"

WOW That's a big 8.

Maybe you hit the limit of the atomic 15's and throwing more power to them isn't really making a difference on output.
I noticed the battery was low, and I can't run any more then 1 in this class, could have been the issue, its on the charger now. I am going to try a couple newer woofers cuz mine are like 14 years old.

Too bad the days of Thump car audio sales are over. They used to be all over Ontario in XSCargo stores. Amps, speakers, subs, boxes, everything.

Ya remember xs cargo selling a few different woofers at times.. Like rampage, Cliff Designs, and MA Audio was in there at one time too.

I did get the baffle cut for the ten woofers. I have to run 1 aught power wire though. Gonna start a new thread in the build log.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.