Sell 2- 13W3v3's and get Kicker CompS?

Landon223

I have (2) 4ohm JL 13w3v3's in a ported FoxBox powered by a boss phantom 1500w. should i sell the JL's along with the amp and get a loaded box from kicker with 2- 12" CompS's? The box for my JL's takes up so much room and i figured the box from kicker wouldn't be as huge. Are they louder than (2) 2ohm 12" kicker CompS's? As for money, how would (2) 10" CompS's sound compared to my JL's and the 12" Kicker CompS's?

Personally I would ditch the boss amp and get you something that will put out real power. If you just have to reduce your box size something like a pair of sundown sa12's or even their e series would do great or drop down to 10's. As far as going to the kickers I think you would be happier with an amp upgrade.

If space is the issue I would do the following.

1. Ditch the amp. I would get a precision power bk1300.1 or 1800.1

2. Get a set of either Sundown audio sa8v2's dual 4 ohm. Can be bought for around $250 used. Or a set of American Bass VFL8's also dual 4. Can get for around $115 each new shipped. Will stomp both of the setups above and last a lot longer. Also take up much less space

I use to have 4 10" kickers and the only thing that beat me was 2 15" kicker L7 ... never tried the JL but I'm going that route on my truck here soon..... I know every says PT amps are trash but that's what I was running without any problems

Last edited by a moderator:
you cant expect to put 12s in a smaller box and expect it to sound better or get louder. the setup that tat2bass suggested will get you loud if you dont cheap out on the amp or the enclosure. DONT BUY PREMADE PIECES OF SHIET ENCLOSURES. if you need a box, hit up Boomsday on the forum, he'll build you a nice box for only cost of materials and shipping which is a steal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.