What do you guys think about the Sound Stream TRX line of amps as a entry level amp?

I hope you know Im just trolling with you. Internet is serious business right?
The maturity level on this site is amazing. Even though this is the internet one should show a little more respect for themselves i guess you'll understand that when you grow up a little. And your in the military WOW!

My son has a nice stereo for his first I think. He went with a Alpine 117 HU, Cresendo 6.5 Comps, Rockford Fosgate T400.2, Rockford Fosgate T1000.1 and Two RE Audio SEX 12" Sub's. I can't wait for it to all come in and get it hooked up. I think he will be happy and I am sure the Rockford Fosgate will blow the sound Stream out of the water.

is it just me or does it seem like the original subject was just completely overlooked in the 3 pages i waded through? i think we heard about most other amps BUT the soundstream.

Anyone have some info on the new soundstream line compared to days of old? i use to run reference series and the older rubicon before it was sold out...so i am curious to the newer line comparison.

You are right but that is how it was every where I talked about the new sound stream amps. It is the reason I talked my son into not getting them and going with rockford, (We have heard the rockford that is what is in my wifes car) I was not paying a ton for him a Image Dynamic 1200.1 like I have so he went with the Rockford amps.

I have studied the Sound Stream Amps VERY much for a week now, I have found that they are ok amps, not great, nothing to write home about, They are no where near as good as the old ones were. If you want a cheap amp, get the sound stream, Sonic electronics has them from $79.00 to $130.00 right now but if you want a good amp get something else. I have not really talked with any one who would say "wow, man, those sound stream amps are some good stuff". Everyone would say they sold out to power acoustik and they are not what they use to be, which in turn makes me not want my son to get them. I have never heard them so I can't say for me what they are like but from people talking I don't want them.

If it is one thing I have learned it is when you nee to know something about car stereo just ask here, you will get 1-2 bad post but most of the poeple know what they are talking about.

your are right, anytime i have posted on a subject it seems to turn into a pissing match between a couple people who seem to hate each other instead of talking about the real subject at hand.

i am much more an oldschool guy when i comes to amps, but they are few and far between. i am running older PPI powerclass amps and they do pretty good really. but, it seems power of yesterday isn't up to par with todays speakers out there. to get a 500w amp of yesterday is hard to find, but yet not enough to really power up subs of today. hard to match up to needs off older amps, unless your willing to shell out big bucks for BIG oldschool BUT, you still don't get the positives of D-class sub amps.....your typically looking at A/B amps with bigger power which in turn seems to really drain your car electrical system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.