What do you constitute as being an Audiophile?

Megalomaniac
5,000+ posts

Mr.SQ

I see some(a lot) of builds here geared towards being "loud", do you consider your selves as an audiphile?

Do any of you actually enjoy your music, and listen?

Do you think having an outrageous expensive stereo, "hifi", automatically makes you an audiophile?

* a guy with too much money and buys the most expensive thing and hires someone else to install/tune it

or

does your passion for the music and just enjoying it makes you one?

*For instance have you ever heard a song that just gives you goosebumps and you can relate to it completely, does that make you an audiophile? or does that mean you just understand the song?

or

A person who enjoys, loves the music, and is willing to take the steps into implementing it into a system to accurately reproduce the music how it was originally intended to be heard by themselves, a real DIYer?

Not a poll question but rather a personal opinion of all of you?

I see some(a lot) of builds here geared towards being "loud", do you consider your selves as an audiphile?

Do any of you actually enjoy your music, and listen?

Do you think having an outrageous expensive stereo, "hifi", automatically makes you an audiophile?

* a guy with too much money and buys the most expensive thing and hires someone else to install/tune it

or

does your passion for the music and just enjoying it makes you one?

*For instance have you ever heard a song that just gives you goosebumps and you can relate to it completely, does that make you an audiophile? or does that mean you just understand the song?

or

A person who enjoys, loves the music, and is willing to take the steps into implementing it into a system to accurately reproduce the music how it was originally intended to be heard by themselves, a real DIYer?

Not a poll question but rather a personal opinion of all of you?
That and

You have to use Flac/Wav/Lossless, cause that's what real audiophiles listen to. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

What happen to the TA thread? Did it go poof?

imo its just someone who appreciates and fully enjoys listening to the music, not lyrically, but more the sounds and instruments (including voice)

not just the typical person who likes music, considering basically everyone does, but someone who has a passion for the sounds, harmony, rythm, etc, aka audio, hence - audiophile

You have to use Flac/Wav/Lossless, cause that's what real audiophiles listen to. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif
If you're serious about that, I could make you cry if I sent you a CD or two. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

just another label that has no real meaning IMO.

I'm way more into the actual music then the system playing it, but I do need a set up that makes it sound good to ME.

I have a friend VERY into music of all genres, and he's quite happy with his $8 Roadmaster replacement speakers. Sounds like a tin can to me, but he's happy with it.

We're both able to enjoy our music, so that's really all that matters...

If you talk to most people into hifi, (well around here anyways) they think the word "audiophile" is a foul word. It represents a stereotype of people like the word "rave" does to the electronic genre. The common person thinks of an audiophile as a stuck up, snobish music lover, who sits in front of his stereo and listens to nothing but old classical music produced on vinyl.

Personally, I think an audiophile is someone who thoroughly enjoys every aspect of music, from the lyrics, to the instruments, to the arrangement, etc., and is willing to do whatever it takes, be it new equipement, different cables, different speaker locations, etc., to reach the best possible sound to be produced according to their own taste.

Or something like that!

Audiophile

Audio Phile

Audio Philia

A love for audio or sound. Pretty simple to me. All this hooey about golden ears and expensive equipment and compressed music is just BS. If you love listening to audio, you're an audiophile.

an audiophile is a person who never achieves perfect sounding music, yet strives to get there anyway. IMO. most of us aren't audiophiles, even though we claim to be. there is a limit to the amount of money and work i'll put into it, even if i have it to spend, therefor i am not a true audiophile. at the same time, my ears are still allergic to crappy sounding music.

Being an audiophile is a continuous struggle for the perfect sound reproduction. And audiophiles are never 100% happy with their system. There's always something you can improve on. If you ever say, "wow, I have the perfect sound," you're not an audiophile.

If you're serious about that, I could make you cry if I sent you a CD or two. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
Elaborate? I'd like to hear em //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Being an audiophile is a continuous struggle for the perfect sound reproduction. And audiophiles are never 100% happy with their system. There's always something you can improve on. If you ever say, "wow, I have the perfect sound," you're not an audiophile.
But sometimes I am driven to say "Dang, that sounds good."

Main Entry:

au·dio·phile Listen to the pronunciation of audiophile

Pronunciation:

\ˈȯ-dē-ō-ˌfī(-ə)l\

Function:

noun

Date:

: a person who is enthusiastic about high-fidelity sound reproduction

- Merriam - Webster

Elaborate? I'd like to hear em //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
But sometimes I am driven to say "Dang, that sounds good."
I think he was saying that there are some very crappy recordings, no matter what format they are.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.