What determines a tweeter to be loud?

Participant count
  • Participant list

kylemarsound

CarAudio.com Newbie
hello just looking for a loud tweeter ill be using 800rms subs 4ohm and I know they will have a really deep punch but I'm looking for a nice loud tweeter. So far I know metal ones such as the aluminum tweeters have a higher volume. But what about RMS wattage? And what the difference between 3/4" vs 1" tweeters?

sensitivity ratings is what matters not rms or wattage. 92+ db sensitivity tweeters are above average. 89-91 is pretty average and 88 and under is piss poor. There's a lot of super tweeters that are in the 108 db sensitivity ratings and will tear apart your ear drums but they sound like **** unless you have major DSP. crossover and EQ work.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.