What could be the problem?

Participant count
  • Participant list

HawaiianHaole
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Delaware
I am having some difficulty determining the origin of a problem I am having. All of a sudden, each morning my driver door speaker is out. To get it back on, I adjust the balance and fade directly to this speaker. Give it a little volume and it kicks back in. Then I adjust the balance and fade back to normal settings and I am good to go.

I tried swapping the RCAs on the amp. I figured if there was a problem with the amp or the headunit, then the problem speaker would then be the passenger door, but it stayed at the driver door.

I assume all that's left is that the speaker is shot, there is a bad connection, or an off chance that there is something wrong with the speaker wire.

What would you do next? I figure the first thing to do is rerun some wire from the amp. Does it sound like the speaker has gone bad? It doesn't sound like its crackling, like its been blown. When it eventually comes on, it actually sounds fine.

Thank you for any insight you might have...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.