What Cable for my Alpine Equalizer?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rob Hicks

CarAudio.com Newbie
All:

Newbie here.. I have an Alpine head unit CDM-7874 and an Alpine Equalizer 3317. Bought used and separately. Not all cables were supplied.

I don't know what I need to connect the equalizer to the head unit. It appears to be 8 pin. I'm assuming male to male as well. Is it a specific size? I see 8 pin MINI cables.. is that what i need or is there a "standard" size? I'm not planning on connecting the equalizer to an amp at this time. I just have this set up on a work bench in my garage.

Here are a couple pics..one of the back of the head unit and one of the cables coming out of the equalizer.

Sorry, I couldn't attach a second picture for some reason.. these are coming from the EQ..
This is called a Din extension cable, it's often used for CD changers. It appears as though your equalizer may have already provided for each variation on the cable if it offers all 3. If the cable won't reach then it would appear you can get either male to male, male to female, or din 8 to... I believe midi. I'd stick with the din to din though, not positive it's midi without some measurements.

Capture.PNG

From your manual.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.