What box to choose?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Participant count
  • Participant list
Okay, i just got my new Sony 2200gtx and the 2 Sony XS-121p5's. I am goign to install my other subs and amp in to my wife's Cavi, but i am in a bind when it comes to choosing a box for my subs. I was all fine and dandy til I read the forums here about the differences in box style.....now I am stumped. What would be the best solution for great bass. I know I can force bass out of any box, but which shall I choose for great bass without heaps of damage to my subs. i have been looking online at different boxes....and man, they are expensive compared to when I started in the business.....lol.

Also, I see a lot of people's sig's have thanx to those who built their boxes....is there anyone around colorado that does this kind of work or no?

Seeing as you bought Sony, which isn't all that great anyway, I'd just go with a sealed box. You can build them yourself easy enough, and for a lot cheaper than a pre-fab you get a better sealed box. My two 10" enclosures cost a grand total of $25 for materials, and I still have enough MDF to do two more.

My $0.02

Thanx Scarenius, I wass thinking of just doing it my self, but wasn't sure. Who around here has awesome plans for boxes...i have a general idea how-to but i don't wanna **** anything up.

Another Quick Bit:

Where would be the best place to buy the materials; like the MDF, carpeting, etc....

Also, would it to hard or a bad idea to try and make a plexiglass window in the front and kind of resess the speakers in the box. I am trying to draw this up on autocad and I can make things on there look way easier than they are to build. lol

Heres a plan i made up for my ht box... Uh its total cubic ft is 1.0 and the peices are shown which size to cut, and at the top corner it shows how it should look put together. I do belive ur sub is rated for 1.0 cubic ft sealed. This is just for one, you could just join em together.

1.jpg

Thanks a ton Zeph, I was kinda ditchin the whole plexiglass look-through idea.....I'm gonna try and get the sh*t tomorrow to make it. any helpful pointers to give me, that might make a huge difference in the outcome??? lol

Okay, yet another brain-buster (or atleast to me). If i were to list my Specs on here, could someone use the calculators and give me required measurments if the box dimensions. I am completely f*ckin retarded right now, and i can't figure out the ****ed things....i work with **complicated technology** (can't say what it is...lol...sorry) and I can even get simple information down....real high-speed looking of me. sorry to bother you guys so much aout this, but i really don't have anyone else to turn to. I thought I was a nerd and when I started working here...jesus...these guys made Bill Nye look like Robert Downy Jr...lol

Thanks for the info Jmac, I am in the stages of designing a pretty bad ass box, I'll make sure to throw it up here when I get it done.

Also, the demensions on the port, would it make a difference wheither I used a round port tube or made a wood paneled one?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.