What box do I need?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Snate

KC, MO
Hello,

I am new to this website, obviously, but I am just curious as to what type of box I should be building my friend. I am experienced in designing a fiber-glassed box, but they aren't really built to spec, more along the lines of looks.

My friend has a 12'' Type R Dual 4Ohm Sub, and a Hifonics 1600 watt amp. He is possibly going to get another Type R soon, that is why just a high wattage amp.

This is going to go in the trunk of an '03 Mazda 6, and I didn't know if I should go ported or sealed. He just wants a nice, crisp bass and I am thinking sealed is the way to go if that's what we're to achieve. Also, I looked at the Sticky up top by Moe Lester, and I was looking at the box designs and I didn't know what size would be the best for what he's looking for.

Thanks,

Jake

Sealed if you get 2 subs..

But if you only run a single setup tune it to 29hz and keep it in 1.3 cubed box..

That would sound nice..

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Sealed if you get 2 subs..
But if you only run a single setup tune it to 29hz and keep it in 1.3 cubed box..

That would sound nice..

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
How do you figure out how to make it a 1.3 cubed box?

2.25-2.5 cubes per sub tuned to 30-34 hz
For now it is just going to be a single sub.

Are there any diagrams for how I need to cut the wood? I have everything here and we are going to go out to the barn and begin. I will post pictures once we're finished, aswell.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.