what battery should i buy?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jtomsic
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
ok, so im not too familiar with batteries for car audio as ive never ran any other than the one under my hood but im in need of one now so its time to learn lol..

i have a 2007 scion tc and running around 2000watts roughly from two amps so which battery would best suit my needs, i don't want to spend a ridiculous amount on this if possible.. i guess like around $300?

prefer well known brands like xs, optima, and anything along those lines please!

thanks will be given for your help! if you need more info to make a suggestion let me know guys

deka has an AH of 105 and i believe they are underrated. very good batts, pushing 1500w @ full tilt with the car off for like 20min mine goes from 12.8 to 12.6

Dekas way way over a kinetic 1400
ok its only $30 more for the dekas so i will go with them thanks

do you plan on gettin a high output alernator or no?
yea eventually thats the plan im plannin on going bigger after the summer to around 5-6k and diff subs so it will be necessary at that time, prob have to buy another batt or two when that time comes im sure....

why do you ask though for the amount of power im running now i dont think the H/O alt is that necessary yet..but i will be going bigger for sure

I'm in for this.. I'm going with a small stinger, space is limited. I'm at about 1700RMS now and the HIDs are hungry, its not bad unless the AC is maxed for 20 minutes straight stuck in traffic, and I decide to crank it.

good stuff.. sounds like im going to be buying a pair of dekas, how hard are buss bars to make and what material do most use?? aluminum?
buss bars are expensive to make, i wouldn't bother with them personally unless you were doing a large setup. wiring them in parallel with some 0gauge would be sufficient

I'm just wondering because you don't need many batts for a stock alt. It just puts stress on your wokeSystem. But if you are planning to run 5-6k plus getting a ho alt then yes definitely the dekas
yeah its the plan after summer, for the next few months i'll be running what i am now..going to start plannin new setup soon and start saving up for something big //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif... im loud now with the 15 but i want to be ridiculous lol.. its an addiction //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jtomsic

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
jtomsic
Washington, Pennsylvania, United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date