What are these old pioneer tunner and Amplifier worth?

S10DRVR
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hawaii
My neighbor was about to throw these out so i said i'd take them (Cool looking stuff)

A

Pioneer SA-9500 Amplifier

Pioneer Tx-D1000 tunner

And 2 Kenwood KL-888s speakers (6 speakers per box)(16"sub, mid, and a few tweeters)

They look like new, and all work. Hooked them up in my room, sounds pretty good.

Anyone know the worth? Is it good stuff?

0505091623.jpg

0505091623a.jpg

Maybe ~$500 for the amp its a nice amp. Vintage gear is nicer then most of the modern stuff.

All that stuff is nice stuff Id hang onto it if i were you.

Whaaaat??? 500? Dang.... i wonder if he knew what he was giving me!

I Can get subs again!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!! lol

Whaaaat??? 500? Dang.... i wonder if he knew what he was giving me!I Can get subs again!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!! lol
Doesn't sound like it. Nice amp indeed.

I'd have it checked out by a electronics shop. I have a couple of the old silver faced pioneers as well. Very nice sounding. I would also hold onto it. Those will only go up in value.

Pioneer_SA9500_1.JPG

I'm running it in my room right now, sound great!

The kenwood speakers could use some work on the highs, but amp is fricken solid.

That amp will defiantly need to be recapped. I wouldn't even use it until you have that done.

There are a lot of people on audiokarma that would recap it for cheap for you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.