What annoys the ***** outta you/pisses you off...

Popwarhomie

10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
Got double teamed by inspectors today... Looks like I will be replacing the flooring in the master bedroom, two windows, two outlets, and putting down new tile after the new floor in the master bedroom.. Time to Youtube how to tile... lol

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Texas
Got double teamed by inspectors today... Looks like I will be replacing the flooring in the master bedroom, two windows, two outlets, and putting down new tile after the new floor in the master bedroom.. Time to Youtube how to tile... lol
It’s pretty easy. I had no experience and was able to do my master bath, guest bath, foyer, and both showers. My wife and I did then did our backsplash in our new house and it cost $250 in materials. I ended up getting a ryobi tile saw with a better blade and my friend has it now from his first project and he did a great job. If you can build a kick ass sub box, you can tile for sure.

Reactions: Popwarhomie

Popwarhomie

10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
It’s pretty easy. I had no experience and was able to do my master bath, guest bath, foyer, and both showers. My wife and I did then did our backsplash in our new house and it cost $250 in materials. I ended up getting a ryobi tile saw with a better blade and my friend has it now from his first project and he did a great job. If you can build a kick ass sub box, you can tile for sure.
My boxes are far from pretty. :ROFLMAO:

I've been wanting to get a new miter and table saw. Guess I'll pick up a tile saw as well.

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Texas
Hahahahaha some of my boxes come out not as pretty but I need a new table saw badly. In my experience with just diy stuff, get a cheap(ish) tile saw and get a better quality blade and you’re good. What’s good about tile is when you make cuts, those cuts are usually hidden under trim, fixtures, etc.

Lasherž

CarAudio.com Elite
Apr 27, 2020
United States
Apparently that wood grain laminate is now to the point of completely waterproof if you're looking for something fast and cheap, my dad's laid about a hundred sqft of that and it all looks good enough to raise the property value. Depends a bit on the temperature range which one will last longer between that and ceramic. Ceramic handles tons of foot traffic better, vinyl handles temperature fluctuation better.

Popwarhomie

10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
I asked about just putting down vinyl flooring but the realtor said since it was "sold" with tile I have to re tile it. The whole house is tiled but I do like vinyl flooring myself.

Think i'm going to get a cheap Ryobi Tile saw for $130.

Trying to figure out now if I want to use Schluter Ditra to uncouple the tiles from the subfloor or just use HardiBacker concrete board. It's a bedroom so I don't care about waterproofing. To be 100% honest I'm just trying to do it cheap since the house is "sold" and I won't be living there for 20 years.

Reactions: Lasherž

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Texas
That *****. We have vinyl flooring and love it. I got the stuff with a foam underpayment that locks in place. We live in the country with 4 dogs and 2 kids so our floors see a lot and the only actual complaint is over time a couple areas have loosened so I have to use a flexible caulk on the seam.

It sounds bad but I’d just do Hardi and call it a day. Schluter is great but expensive and i’m assuming it’s a flip house. Hardi is a good product and I’ve had good results with it.

Last edited:

Popwarhomie

10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
That *****. We have vinyl flooring and love it. I got the stuff with a foam underpayment that locks in place. We live in the country with 4 dogs and 2 kids so our floors see a lot and the only actual complaint is over time a couple areas have loosened so I have to use a flexible caulk on the seam.

It sounds bad but I’d just do Hardi and call it a day. Schluter is great but expensive and i’m assuming it’s a flip house. Hardi is a good product and I’ve had good results with it.
Yeah it’s a flip house. Thanks man. I’m going to go that route.

Lasherž

CarAudio.com Elite
Apr 27, 2020
United States
Honestly seems a little weird they'd want ceramic, but I live in the midwest. Our floors get so cold you don't want to get out of bed in the morning barefoot. There's something special about ceramic, but I've always considered it the best for kitchens, bathrooms, and that's about it.

My friend's mom did a complete DIY ceramic floor with one of those tile saws she rented in a week and a half with no experience. I think it looked indistinguishable from professional when she was done although it was a simple room shape. Room was about 30ftx10ft rectangle. I reckon you might want to go that route since the rented tools are usually built way way better than the bottom end ones since they've gotta get their money out of them. Provided you've got a good high amperage circuit to use you'll be better off.

Popwarhomie

10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
Got the book of an inspection report today....

Buyer backed out... I think because the realtor failed to say that the property next to it was not included and he wanted to build a work shop. I sold the property next door to my uncle because he used it to get his boats into his canal.

This little spot where the inspector shoved screw drivers through the wood is causing me to have to redo the whole subfloor and re tile the master bedroom... 😑
AEC0E918-2D43-4D12-A7BD-E54DAD33E097.jpeg

The appliances get inspected?? Lol they all passed but Jesus. They are free

15F0180F-7F97-48BA-A586-465F973EF30E.jpeg

There were so many tiny issues. No large things though. Was not expecting that. There was a small hole in the side skirting from weed eating that was flagged...

I would understand if this was a brand new home but it’s far from brand new. But atleast I now have a detailed book to show all the things I need to do.

• Wow

Lasherž

CarAudio.com Elite
Apr 27, 2020
United States
Got the book of an inspection report today....

Buyer backed out... I think because the realtor failed to say that the property next to it was not included and he wanted to build a work shop. I sold the property next door to my uncle because he used it to get his boats into his canal.

This little spot where the inspector shoved screw drivers through the wood is causing me to have to redo the whole subfloor and re tile the master bedroom... 😑
View attachment 23463
The appliances get inspected?? Lol they all passed but Jesus. They are free

View attachment 23464

There were so many tiny issues. No large things though. Was not expecting that. There was a small hole in the side skirting from weed eating that was flagged...

I would understand if this was a brand new home but it’s far from brand new. But atleast I now have a detailed book to show all the things I need to do.
Damn, I've dealt with a lot of inspectors but that one takes the cake lol. It seems like they're trying to differentiate themselves from other inspectors by being anal retentive.

Popwarhomie

10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
Damn, I've dealt with a lot of inspectors but that one takes the cake lol. It seems like they're trying to differentiate themselves from other inspectors by being anal retentive.
Yeah the report is insane lol Paint worn off on corner of bathroom cabinet. "Needs to be replaced by professional" :ROFLMAO:

cab.jpg

• Wow

Lasherž

CarAudio.com Elite
Apr 27, 2020
United States
Yeah the report is insane lol Paint worn off on corner of bathroom cabinet. "Needs to be replaced by professional" :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 23469
My mom just bought a huge house and had a conversation with the previous owner. Apparently he was livid because the inspector she had used marked the kitchen for not having a gas hook-up on the report because it was behind the oven out of sight. I would love to see how he'd react to your inspector. This guy was so mad about that a whole month later it's all he could talk about.

• Haha

Rodek

10+ year member
Feb 18, 2004
Alabama
What pisses me off? Contractor NO SHOWS! I made an appointment with my local fence builder to come look at my fence today (widening a couple gates). We scheduled the appointment, I changed plans to be here and I even called them back yesterday to confirm the appointment. Here we are today and guess what...(a contractor NO SHOW).

Now, I understand things happen. Folks can be held up at another job, employee issues etc. However, at least have the decency to call the customer and let them know! My time is just as important as theirs!

I'm not pissed off because of this one contractor...it's multiple contractors in multiple trades in my area. Painters, builders, carpenters, roofers etc. One guy down the street lost a bunch a money when a roofer left the state with his money and a 1/2 finished roof! Another had a bunch of screws and nails in his yard after a garage door replacement...(2 flat tires as a result).

If you can't do what you say when you can do it, then you need to find another frickin' job. Do everyone else a favor and fire yourself, your shoddy employees or shut your business doors!

Take your "not my job", "not my problem" attitude and apply it to your own life you smooth brained, idle handed sloths!

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
Xfinity was doing so well for me...

I hopped over to the bank to make a deposit and got my balance. Almost $170 missing. Apparently a few weeks back when I called Xfinity and had them remove Showtime as I do not watch it and it was part of a package, they took it upon themselves to make my account auto pay, without my consent. Never told me either. Today the customer service lady said they don't have any way to make our accounts auto pay. Well they must because I make it a point to pay all my bill myself, no auto pay ever with ANY bill. By the end of the call she said she took it off auto pay for me... a lie as I had to do it 10 min later on their website. WTF?? Also, the final price the other moron quoted me for my final monthly cost quoted me a wrong price. Idiots.

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
ANNNNNNDDDDD...... Our F***ING AIR CONDITIONING IS F**KED UP!!! How does AC just stop working? It's 74 outside, AC is set to 74. I think the blower fan motor just shit the bed. Or the Coil is just that frozen... I did see lots of ice. MOTHER F**K!!!!

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
Training for my job. Apparently to deliver pizza via my car, I have to know the entire history of the company. I have to know how to do literally every job in the store. I have to be a secretary, a phone operator, a cashier, a customer service rep, a prep cook, a cook, a cut line person, a stock person, a dish washer, a trash person, a box folder, a restocking person, a sanitation person, a billboard.... oh and the thing I was hired for. A DRIVER!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)

• sherwood71

Latest posts

Newest threads

Latest classifieds