What amps have a built in gain clip indicator?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Zed Leviathan 💩
All the latest gen Zed amps have clipping LEDs including the ones he designed for Focal and I'd imagine the Mosconi designs.
Even some of the budget brand names have that feature these days though they're definitely not 100% accurate.

If your goal is to listen to music you should be setting gains by ear, if your goal is SQ competition you should be using RTA, and if you're doing SPL competition you should be using your Termlab.

All the latest gen Zed amps have clipping LEDs including the ones he designed for Focal and I'd imagine the Mosconi designs.
Even some of the budget brand names have that feature these days though they're definitely not 100% accurate.

If your goal is to listen to music you should be setting gains by ear, if your goal is SQ competition you should be using RTA, and if you're doing SPL competition you should be using your Termlab.
I do use an O-scope, miniDSP mic, REW, DSP. It's all a pain.

Other than RF with their C.L.E.A.N. and AudioControl's MILC... what other amplifiers have built in indicators for setting the gains?

The Sundown amps have a clipping indicator in their bass knobs. At least the SFB line bass knobs do. I'm not sure if every single Sundown amp has that feature though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.